is my LTD EC1000 a fake?

Updated
is my LTD EC1000 a fake?

Hey guys.

Can  anyone tell me if this is a real or fake EC1000 VB cos i really think that i have been duped :(

The guitar itself had a few dings and the serial was removed but the chap told me that the guitar had been stolen and tunred up in a second hand store the week after with the serial missing. I had done deals with the guy before so i just took his word for it but after a few comments from respected guitar techs i have my doubs about its authenticity.

Can any please give me a yes or no on this.

Thanks
Andy

Pushead

Most of my Eclipses are ESP, but I do have an LTD Baritone.  From the small pictures, it looks suspect to me.  I've never seen one with that control cover, I'm used to them looking like this:

The truss-rod cover isn't stock, (for an EC-1000) and the headstock seems too long (especially in the curve by the nut).  Even with the removed serial number, I'm used to seeing a bunch of RIHS information at the top of the headstock:

Also, the inlays look a bit off.

There's enough there to throw red flags in my mind.  I would have passed on it.

Andy D.

Hey man

Thanks for the reply.

Im not sure the control cover on the EC1000 is that shape as you can see loads with my shape online.

Cheers

Andy

Nathan S.

Here's pics of mine you can compare with. I think your tuners may have been changed as they don't look right, but that's not out of the realm of possibilities as someone obviously changed a pickup. The truss rod cover is right, the control cover is right. As Pus mentioned the ROHS info not being there is a little weird but I don't know when they started putting that on there. The LTD and Deluxe logos on mine are like a pearly metallic yellow color, are yours? I see it has the Earvanna compensated nut, as does mine from the factory. Doubt a company making fakes would put that on there. I can't say with certainty real or fake. Take a look at mine and you be the judge. The deluxe and esp logos don't look centered right but could be a weird photo angle??

Nathan S.

Headstock curve does look a little long on yours as Pus mentioned as well, but again could be weird phot angle.

RZK

IF it's a fake, it's a damn good one. I've seen my fair share of fakes, and yours doesn't have any of the flags. Sorry Pus, all the things you mentioned are wrong. The TRC is correct, headstock looks to be correct, fakes tend to be longer and more round at the top, it has an Earvana, inlays are correct, again, fakes tend to be rounder, and the cavity cover on the back is pretty standard on ESP guitars, it's the same one that's on the RZK series, and also the EC 1000.

Andy, it looks good to me. I wouldn't worry.

Andy D.

Thanks pal i feel much better now

OneMileLost

It looks okay to me...but I am most definitely not an expert. Someone with more knowledge may be able to know if the transition tuners (between the Sperzel and ESP-branded) tuners actually had "ESP" on the thumb screw or not, but that could be the reason they look a bit weird to Nathan

Also, my EC-1000 (2005, Sperzel equipped) doesn't have the ROHS info on it. 

Sam W.

I've just bought this ltd ec-1000vb today and just wanted to make sure it was since since theres been a few fakes around. thanks in advance!

James V.

I could be wrong but aren't LTDs made in Korea and/or Indonesia?

that "Made in China" would make me pass on it 

Pushead

All of the 400 series and below are made in China now.

Goja

Arrow 401 is made in Korea

Post to Thread