Pawn shop discovery

Updated
Whitney R.

I've never owned an ESP before.  I'm mostly a Gretsch hollow-body/G&L kind of guy but I've been interested in them for a while. 

Found an EX-401DX today in a guitar shop. Of course the setup was atrocious, and it took the clerk 10 minutes to find a 9 volt battery so I could test it out!

It sounded HORRENDOUS but with the strings set in the stratosphere, etc. there was no way to hear how it would sound.

active pickups (my first guitar with them) , a Floyd Rose, a mahogany? Body with quilt Maple top, nicely dressed frets, clean fretboard, set neck, Grover tuners and just a couple of tiny dings - for $225?

um, score?

what say the ESP enthusiasts here? *I* like it, but is this a desired model and was it a good price?

Pushead

Good price for that guitar.  The 400 level LTDs are usually a lot of guitar for the price.  Desirable?  I think the EX shape is hit or miss for people, not a lot of middle ground.  If you were looking to flip it, you could probably find $350 or so from a buyer online.

Whitney R.

Thanks . I love it.  Keeping it. But I buy all guitars as investments. My best score was getting a hollowbody in 1986 for $300 that I've been offered over $2k for.  It seems if you buy quality at a good price - it goes up

i am also looking at the BC RICH Mockingbird STC that guitar centre has for $399

but I will definitely keep my eyes out for another ESP. This thing is GREAT!

Jadon M.

Let me save you the pain. Stay far away from bc rich. It's garbage. I played many a bc rich. They are garbage for wanna be beginners trying to hard to be metal. Don't beleive me? Black veil brides. Check it out. Stupid af

Post to Thread