TE-212 really cheap

Updated
TE-212 really cheap

I picked up a CAR TE-212 on Ebay for $259.00. I wanted to see one. I'm blown away by the quality per dollar of this guitar. It makes me want the Ron Wood LTD, but it's twice as much. It's a Viet Nam Guitar, and you can see it's uneven sanding and small binding mistakes.  Just like a real USA Gibson.

jt76

Really nice guitar, i have the te 202,same guitar but the earlier version that has been reliced.  it sounded good and played great. I put a used set of seymour duncans in it that I found on ebay, now it sounds as good as it plays.   If you want a Ron Wood I would look around for a used Esp Ron Wood,  I have been seeing them go really cheap recently.  You can probably find one in decent condition for only a few hundred more than an new Ltd Ron Wood.  If I happen to see one I will post a link here.

Matt W.

I got a Ron Wood for $499.00, it's on it's way. If it isn't great, I can return it. I'll keep you posted. But I would love to get an ESP one. let me know, please.

jt76

not a bad price for that, I think they go for about $650 new,  There is  a blue esp ron wood on reverb for $800, but it went thru a fire so it has some stains from that.

I saw a red one somewhere else in really good condition with a case for $900 i think, but can't seem to find it now.  maybe it sold, if i come across it i will let you know.

I would be interested to here what you think of they ltd ron wood in comparison to the te 202.  Most of the signiture series ltds i have played are really nice.

Matt W.

I will give you my thoughts. The Korean LTD's seem to be like the Japenese guitars of old. They are making really nice stuff in Korea.

jt76

is the neck shape and fret size on the ron wood similar to the te 212? 

I assume the 212 is vietnam and the ron is Korea   

my 202 is from vietnam. 

my kirk hammet and alex wade are from korea.  

I have always belived the koreans make really nice guitars, they can make kinda cheap stuff to,  I guess they will make whatever is specified.

however they are capable of building some very high end instruments.  Korean LTD's are a great example of that.

I have been pretty impressed with the vietnamese guitars as well especially for the price.

Matt W.

Well, I got it, it is really well made, but heavy, it doesn't sound as good as my 212, it's going back.

jt76

Sorry to hear that,  would have thought the seymour duncans would have sounded better,  but they are probably the problem,  the 59 gets muddy and dark in a tele neck position, i tried one in my 202.  

I liked the stock pickups in my 202.  They were thick sounding but also articulate. I currently have a seymour duncan sh5 bridge pickup in the neck position and seymour duncan vintage stacked humbucking tele in the bridge position.  The sh5 is less muddy and more articulate than the 59 but the neck position is still kinda bass heavy,  so I may put a seymour duncan jb in there or possibly just go back to the stock pickup.     

Matt W.

It was a well made guitar, but it didn't have the contoured back. It just didn't say keeper. But it was worth the money. It had the fit and finsh of an American Fender.

Dave P.

JT76: I bought your buddies guitar.. come back "FRX Anyone" thread.

Post to Thread