DP100 in an MH100QMNT

Updated
DP100 in an MH100QMNT

Has anyone swapped the stock bridge pup on an MH100 series? Thinking I want to put a Dimarzio DP100 in mine, but wondered if anyone else has done so yet. I swapped out the stock INF1 in my '94 Ibanez RG470 and it made a HUGE difference. Both guitars have the same body wood combos, and similar necks, so I figured it would be a good chocie, but don't want them to sound exactly the same. 

Thoughts?

Zhalman

I don't have much experience about this, but in my opinion Ibanez guitars don't lose their typical Ibanez vibe even after a pup change so I don't think they'd sound the same, more likely just similar.

That's just my 2 cents about this, more experienced ppl can correct me if I'm wrong.

Mike B.

Thanks, Zhalman. I'm pretty sure I'm going to go with the DP100 and just use a different amp model. LOVE how this LTD plays. When I went to buy it I played my Ibanez right before I lef the house, then tried a Schecter that was three times the price. The LTD holds it's own with the Ibanez and shredded the Schecter. Amazing playability for such a low price point. Now just need to make it sound as good as it plays. 

Post to Thread