Vintage 214 Bass

Updated
Vintage 214 Bass

I was a bassist, now I play guitar. But I'd like an inexpensive, but fairly good quality. Judging from what I've seen from LTD, they should be great. But I can't find one to look at. Any owners want to way in. Like how does it compare to a Mex fender PJ combo?

Nikolay V.

The 214a Ash one is better than most fenders. Period.

Alexander G.

i personally own a vintage 214 natural ash with emg geezer butler signature pickups. and let me tell ya.. it blows any fender away .. and thats just the bottom line.. get it !!

Mark D.

I have two 214s (Black and Sunburst). Great guitars. Worth far more than they cost. Not only do they sound better than MIM, they sound better than the MIA I paid three times more for.

Patrick A.

I found, by accident, a Vintage 214 FL Rosewood bass.  It was priced so well, I had to take it home.  Put a fresh set of Chrome Flats and am super impressed!  An amazing bass for an amazing price.  This is my first fretless.  The bass is perfect for Motown, 60's rock, reggae. and Beethoven - yes Beethoven.  With only the front pickup selected and the bass tone max'd it works very well for a stand-up bass sound.  Regardless of how many basses you own, you need one of these!  Now, I am saving up for the LTD 6 string bass.  I can't believe it took me so long to discover this line of basses.  You get more than your money's worth.

Post to Thread