ESP Active Pickups

Updated
ESP Active Pickups

Does anyone have these on their LTD? If so how do they compare to the EMG's, thanks!

vipprimo

I didn't even know they made an Active ESP.  What guitar did you see them on?

Roger D.

It's the EC 331.

Cameron  S.

My ESP Ltd M-330 RFM has active pickups with a Floyd Rose, also ESP LTD Arrow-1000.

Dominic D.

The ltd EC-330 has them. They sound good

Stevie Strings

My LTD 5 string bass has them. Sound great. But, then again, on a bass... eh.

Zhalman

Not heard them in person, but from the youtube vids, they sound good enough if you want to give actives a try or want an active guitar, but in my opinion most people will change them to EMG's anyway.

Jason G.

Aren't they voiced to sound like EMGs?

Shredatron

From what I heard on youtube vids. No difference. But then again, its a youtube vid. I have yet to hear them in person

Roger D.

When I tried the guitar out at the music store they sounded good, but I've never played a guitar with emg's so I don't know what the difference would be. Anyways I'm sure I'll be happy with what I got!

Thomas L.

I have an M and H with the ESP actives and I like them.  They are not overly harsh or bright.  Compated to the SD Custom 5 in my MH, the bridge active sounds very similar, but without the hum.  I can't say how they would compare to an EMG (I've searched with no luck), but given ESP's long association with them, EMG either builds them or gave the the rights to produce their own version.

Dale T.

I have an LTD Viper 400 with EMG's in it, and an LTD EC-330 with the ESP active pu's. They both sound great. I think the EMG's have a bit more fire behind them but I don't feel it necessary at all to upgrade the EC.

Sérgio Q.

can't ear the difference between them. Apart emg's solderless connections, I think it's down to black or black!

Dale T.

I take it back. I took both to jam the other day and the EMG's definitely have more bite as far as squeels and squawks, fairly effortless pinch harmonics.

Slartibartfarst42

I don't like either, because I simply don't like actives. The EMG Retro Actives aren't bad, but I still prefer good passives.

Jeffrey  Z.

Stream 204 bass come with esp’s active eq but have passive pickups (as far as the spec sheet is concerned) I would enjoyed knowing my new bass had a drinking problem..

I have gone threw 2 batteries this week and nearly threw it through the window… I’m going passive…

Post to Thread