First Electric

Updated
First Electric

I've been learning on acoustic for just over a year now and want to get an electric. Music styles I like are 90's grunge, Pearl Jam, Soundgarden, Foot Fighters.

Two thoughts.

Buy an inexpensive model like the EC-50 and later upgrade to a nicer one. Or just save up and get the one I really want, the EC-401VF DMZ LD. and enjoy for years. Love that sound!

I won't be joining any bands, too old for that. It's more or less just for me to play and enjoy.

What's your thoughts?

vipprimo

Personally, if you already know what you want save up for the one you want.  Then you can use the EC-50 money to pick up a model that you want to try out.  

patrick p.

I went to guitar center and tryed out 20 new guitars in the 300 price range and i was about to get a epiphone sg then tryed some used guitars. The very ladt one i tryed was a esp ltd mh 250 nt and it was 250 used but in excellent conditions. After playing for 10 minutes i knew that guitar wad coming home with me. After three days 3 hours a  day practicing the guitar almost plays itself. It is really easy to play comfortable and it gets some really heavy tones from it. I like metal and i have a 100 dollar line 6  15 watt amp and let me tell you . i barely put the volume on 3 and everyones like can you turn it down hahhahahahhahha its loud it sounds really good im learning to play quick now. I had a behringet cheapy strat model and it was hard to play and only sounded good when i adjusted and set up everything and bought the line 6 amp. It has metal mod and insane crunch and clean. Im verry happy with my set up i may buy some new pickups in a couple years like some eddie van halens i like the way the scream and sing but for now this esp mh 250 is amazing. Great quality great sound. You just have to figure out how to strum the strings properly and get the right heavy pic. I got dunlop tortex heavy. This guitar is awsome for beginners really easy to play.

Jajing Cabel

save up more and wait the comming christmas sales! hehe. but imo, i will wait to save up more coz i dont want to regret the thing that im gonna buy.

Rick Y.

Good points! I'll just save up and continue practising until I can maybe catch it on sale.

palie p.

that is true bro the point is to find a good guitar, comfortable to play, feels great, sometimes inexpensive guitar cant give those thing, but if you cant find one it is your luck bro. i actually tried so many guitar in so many store before i bought my current/first guitar. just take your time

Travis L.

grab something in the 300 series you'll love those and it will last you a while!

Matthew M.

save up. so one day when you decide to go pro you could use the more expensive guitar.

Post to Thread