EC-1000 pickup stance?

Updated
EC-1000 pickup stance?

I didn't see anything in the forum about this yet. Are the humbuckers supposed to sit at an angle in this guitar? This is the only guitar I've ever had where the PU's sit like this. They're not flat with the strings, both pickups are angled down towards each other, kinda like this \ /  though not that extreme. This normal? Thanks everyone. 

Pushead

Nope.  They're supposed to be angled to match the string path.

FonzyBrookestone

Thanks Pushead, that's what I thought. Sounds ok I suppose, just looks weird. There's only one pickup height screw on each side as well, that's in the middle, I assume this is why they sit funky? Thanks

FonzyBrookestone

Here's how they sit. As you can see, they lean in towards each other. 

Pushead

Try raising the neck pickup, I'll bet it levels out.  My guess is the pickup is sitting on the bottom of the route.

FonzyBrookestone

No luck. Doesn't matter how they're adjusted, still leaning. Guess I'm taking this thing apart to see what's gong on. 

James F.

It's probably the springs. Go to any guitar shop and but a replacement pickup ring ($5) and replace the springs.... Or you could try completely lowering the pickups then readjusting the height so that the springs compress more evenly.

Travis L.

the million dollar question.....how does it sound.... lol

FonzyBrookestone

Haha, it's sounds great! It was just one of those things that bothered me every time I'd look down at the guitar. I fixed them by just removing and reinstalling. They now sit as intended. Thanks

Stevie Strings

That's totally the springs doing that. Like my man said, ya need shorter springs. I highly doubt it's making much difference in your "tone", but it does look crappy and stuff like that bothers me too.  

Post to Thread