V's

Updated
V's

Am I the only guitarist here who thinks ESP should offer more options for their V's? A floyd here and there or some different finishs would be nice.

Always seems like ESP favor the models that already have 50,000 versions of them. Come on ESP! We've not seen a new V or EX model from you for years!

Rusty C.

true i wish i could find an esp ex-50 in slime green or something like that

Synix

that could be a progect you take up on your own dude, there's plently of tutorials all over the internet on how to get a good guitar finish with paint cans. you could even upgrade the PU's while you're at it.

d. smitty

My question is where have they gone. The v-401 disappeared (for the most part) overnight. Did they discontinue it?

vipprimo

It's all about demand.  If they aren't selling they won't make them.  The custom shop is always a great option and I'm pretty sure thats where the EX trims usually go since they pick-up set-up is so diverse for that guitar (unlike the 60/81 set-up you're used to seeing for the rythm guys) and the 22 frets versus 24.  I ended up with a signature EX because of that.  I'm actually looking at the EX-360 or Max Cavalera one next.  I'll probably end up with Max's.  

Synix

yeah I guess, although personlly I think it works both ways because if the option isn't there people can't play it. To be honest I don't care if they make a V/EX 50 with a cheap FR speical, It gives me the body with a matching neck that i can use to do my own thing and still advertise ESP guitars while playing.

You point about the custom shop is also valid, sadlly only a handfull of people in the world can afford $6000+

d. smitty

Talked to my sweetwater engineer and he said it looks like they're discontinued. Really a bummer. Ec-401 is on its way though so all is good. Still disappointed. Not gonna lie. BTW sweet ex VIP. 

Synix

yeah, I knew that already which was one of the reasons i brought this up.

Travis L.

i just wish they brought back the V standard

Synix

the V standered, the SV, and just generally more options would be very liked.

James R.

They make an EX model with a floydrose, but not for the V. What's the deal with that?

Post to Thread