Switch from active to passive pickups LTD H-1007

Updated
Switch from active to passive pickups LTD H-1007

Hi!

I wonder if someone knows if ESP-LTD guitars equiped with active pickups are grounded or if you have to do that by yourself in order to change from active to passive pickups.

//Niclas

jt76

fairly certain they are grounded, but 

passive pickups will sound like crap if you don't change your tone and volume pots,  so there will be a large amount of 

wiring that will be involved. 

Fierce_Swe F.

I don't see any ground cable but I have sent a emali to the support team. I'm aware of that I have to switch pots and rewire it. 500k pots will do the job. I do soldering every day in my job so thats no problem.

Dave R.

All components in an active or passive circuit must be grounded to function properly. ESP does not attach a bridge ground for any active pickup circuits (EMG or ESP Designed or Other). Changing to passive pickups requires a ground connection to the bridge.

Fierce_Swe F.

What's the easiest way to attach a ground connection to the bridge then?

Dave R.

Basically, the bridge has a wire soldered to something like a stud insert for TOM or spring claw for tremolo, or under the bridge if it's a hard tail like a Fender Tele or P Bass. This wire then connects to the back of the pot. I'd advise you take it to a repair shop if you are uncertain as to how to do it.

Fierce_Swe F.

Ok! Thanks for the answer!

Post to Thread