EC-1000T CTM FCSB Question?

Updated
EC-1000T CTM FCSB Question?

I just bought a EC-1000T CTM FCSB on eBay on the spur of the moment. 

Didn't have much time to get all the info I wanted. 

I was told it is like new and got it for $475 shipped with a case. 

The big question is about the Maple Top.

Is it a true Maple Top or a Veneer?

Thanks!

Pushead

It's a veneer, though it might be over a maple top.  The old ESP standard had a plain maple section under the flamed/quilted veneer.  I don't have any experience with the LTD models, though.

Ron Zombie

I posted on the ESP Facebook page and they claim it to be a true Flame Maple top not a Veneer?

jt76

I Belive the guitar is all mahogany with small amount of maple on the top.  Depending on your point of veiw it's either a very thin maple cap or a very thick maple veneer.  Easy ways to tell the thickness of the top,  First Look in the neck pocket,  A thick top will show past the binding.  So you would see binding then maple then mahogany.   I strongly suspect you will only see binding then mahogany.  Also you can pull a pickup out and get a fairly good look at how thick the top is.  My guess would be about 1/8" the at the edges and about 3/8" near the middle.   I have never had never owned one so I don't know.  No matter what it should be a really nice guitar for the price,  I have a viper 1000 with duncans and it plays and sounds really good. 

If you do happen to pull a pickup out to see how thick the top is I would love to see a picture. 

Ron Zombie

It shipped today so I should have it Friday. Ill keep you posted. 

Pushead

It's a veneer.  ESP's Facebook might confuse a wood veneer vs a vinyl veneer (like what Fender uses on their "photo flame" tops).  But in the cavity you'll see 1/16" layer of wood on top of the body wood.

jt76

Last night I looked at my ltd Ec 256,  the top is defnintely a veneer, 1/16" as Pushead suggests.  It is wrapped over the Mahogany.   The pickup cavity is painted black so It was hard to see how it was constructed.  There were a few spots were the paint did not get completely applied and I manage to see what was going on.  Let us know what your 1000 looks like.

Post to Thread