Guitar without serial number or manufacturing place

Updated
owj

Not too sure which section is appropriate to post this question, hence I did it in the technical support too

Hi guys, just wanna ask if a LTD EC1000 does not have serial number or manufacturing place, is it legit? The seller mentioned that it's a prototype that's why it doesn't have it? Help is appreciated thank you!

Mechanevil

Could be legit, but buying without seeing it is really dicey. I mean, what are the chances of a mint condition prototype being sold years after the EC1000 model has been popularised? And why would this seller have it? I see a lot of prototype offers on ebay, but I'll warn you that some of those Chinese-made rip-offs look really, really good. Might not be too bad either, but it might not be a LTD or ESP, if the brand is important to you. 

jt76

kinda late commenting on this, but even the prototypes  have serial numbers,

prototypes are actually dealer or Namm ects samples, basically pre production guitars to get feed back

the most common reason it would no longer have a serial number is that it is a stolen instrument,

they can also get removed if the neck gets repaired or just refinished.  

6-String

In general they all have serial numbers but some never did, some just have a paper with a hand writen SN on it taped on the guitar, some have it printed on a sticker but we have seen a few without a SN at all and know they are real as we pick them up from ESP in person in N Hollywood. It is probably important to keep in mind we have had hundreds of the samples and only a small portion didnt have a SN, maybe 2-3 in total tops.

http://www.6-string.com/esp-ltd-h-51-electric-blue-sample-prototype-electric-guitar.html

load more replies (1 of 1)
Jesse D.

If it plays like and ESP, it probably is!

Post to Thread