Is there a fretless version of the ESP LTD B-4E Bass?

Updated
OregonJeff

Is there a fretless version of the ESP LTD B-4E bass (I sure hope so)? If not has anyone ordered one from their custom shop? 

With the nice blend of tone woods, ebony fingerboard and neck through construction, I'm thnking that this model would make a great sounding fretless at a very attractive price point.  Thanks much!

6-String

ESP currently makes 2 Fretless Bass models in the 2014 catalog, the B-204 and B-205

I have seen some people convert a fretted bass to fretless, they mill the frets down to the fingerboard and leave them flush to use what is left as a fret marker. You would also need to file down the nut to get the strings down on the fingerboard. So yeah sorry but short story long, no ESP does not make the B-4E in a fretless version.

OregonJeff

Thanks for the reply 6-String!  Yes, the B-204SM FL NS looks like a good possibility. I really prefer the ebony fingerboard and neck through construction of the B-4E though. Not sure why many manufacturers don't offer the ebony fingerboard option on their fretless models? I guess they're able to offer fretless models using rosewood fingerboards at a lower price. 

I'm wondering if ESP's custom shop would build a LTD B-4E without the frets and with fret marker dots located exactly at the fret positions. I see their order form requires that you send it to one of their dealers first and then they forward it on to ESP. 

Anyone like to share their custom shop experiences here?  I'm wondering about the quality of their custom work and how reasonable are their costs. Thanks again !!!

6-String

Hi Jeff, The ESP Custom shop would be able to build whatever you want as an ESP they do not do custom LTD's but they are not cheap. You would be looking at about 4K plus or minus. The best way to proceed would be to fill out that Custom Shop form and send it off to us or use the one on our website or send it to your favorite ESP Dealer we can then get you a quote. The quality of the Custom Shop is crazy good, I have never heard a complaint. I am not sure if you saw the ghost soldier or any of the other customs but they can make whatever you want. Wait time is 6-9 months depending on the guitar and what they have in front of yours.

http://www.6-string.com/esp-custom-shop-quote-form.html

Post to Thread