EC-1000 tuning issues

Updated
EC-1000 tuning issues

My ec1000 has the ESP brand tuners with the knob on them. This is my first guitar with locking tuners. The issue I am running into is with my low strings. I tune the 6th string to D but it will never tune properly. On the tuner it shows flat when I pick the string but the "wobbles" back and forth. It will not hold the note. The A string is funky too. While tuning I get very close to the note and it stops tuning up. I turn it a bunch but it moves very little. my suspicion is that I tightened the locking knob to much and crushed the string. Thoughts?

Synix

I don't think you'll have tightened it enough and it's slipping though the peg, but I've only had 1 guitar with lockers.

Jerome L.

Sounds like they're too tight or too loose. Just pull the string up a bit and try again. They just need to be finger snug, not even tight. You should just start to feel it squeeze the string. 

tj esp

Try put a new string. Make sure the string tension is very very loose when you lock the string. and tune the tuner to tight the string.

marvin l.

TJ ESP is right, since they are locking tuners, there is not a lot of room for adjustment once the tuner is locked down. Also, do not tighten the tuner too much or it will be very hard for you to turn the tuning knob.

Matthew M.

try consulting your local luthier. maybe the tuner or nut has the problem?

Tony J.

Thanks for the replies but I actually sold the guitar months ago.  I am now looking at Edwards models for my next purchase.

Post to Thread