Modded tailpeice for faster string change!

Updated
Modded tailpeice for faster string change!

After purchasing a brass tailpeice from guitar fetish i decided to cut lines in it to allow for a faster string change on my ec-1000. Instead of feeding the string through and having to pull the entire length, i can now drop the ball end down, lock it in place, and secure the string via the esp locking tuners!! String changing has never been so easy!

Stevie Strings

yikes...

Pushead

I never found it particularly difficult to put the strings through the stop bar. 

I'd be a bit more concerned as to the stability of the stop bar now and any burs that might be on the newly cut edges.

jt76

I don't think I would use that for playing,  I agree about the burs and lots of people claim that stop bar stiffness is very important to tone and sustain. 

I am not certain that i make that much difference, however you have reduced both the stiffness and the mass of the bridge, so I would think it will

have some affect even if it is slight. 

It would be very useful on a guitar that was used for comparing different pickups.  Used with locking tuners or a capo

the strings could be loosened and pulled out of the bridge. opening up full acess to the pickups after the new pickups were in you could slip the strings back on and

be ready to play right away.  

Post to Thread