• Gfunk

As stated previously, that does look like a clean break and should be a fairly easy repair, but I am not so sure Gorilla glue would be the best adhesive for this application. That stuff expands so much I would be scared it would bubble out overnight and be a pain removing the excess after it is set up. Ask Pharaoh what he uses for his repairs. He da man.

• Road King

I would recommend the OP use some industrial strength glue. The kind they use for aircrafts.

• Tondog

As stated previously, that does look like a clean break and should be a fairly easy repair, but I am not so sure Gorilla glue would be the best adhesive for this application. That stuff expands so much I would be scared it would bubble out overnight and be a pain removing the excess after it is set up. Ask Pharaoh what he uses for his repairs. He da man.

I have yet to experience that particular phenomena but it could be humidity I suppose.

Almost ANY two-part quick set epoxy will work as well. Spread it very thin and let it set up. Either way, the brass screws will be doing all the work so the glue will become secondary.

Cancel