Tough time deciding between 2 LTD's

Updated
d_byrne23
I have some broad questions. I am mainly looking at choosing between a Ec 401 (black or white) or a MH 417. Here are my questions: For you 7 string owners, do you usually keep it for 7 string songs, or do you find it useful for 6 string songs as well that use lower tunings? I've seen numerous youtube vids where people use them on covers of say parkway drive or other bands that tune their 6's lower. Also which has the preferable neck or are they the exact same contour? My musical tastes vary a great deal from stuff like parkway, deftones, kataklysm etc. I used to be familiar with all of this but I sold my guitars (Jackson SLSMG and a mh400nt) when my father passed away last year so I am starting fresh and I guess versatility is everything. Anyone offering any feedback on either model would be greatly appreciated. Thanks fellas
EvolutionVII

Well the EC401 has a shorter scale as your prior guitars, I'm guessing you will downtune your guitar to at least Drop B. I play a EC500 live in Drop B and have no problems, but anything lower that that I'd go for 25,5" scale since I don't like heavier string gauges. (MH/H etc).
Most LTD models share the same neck profile called Thin U.

NeedsMoreBlueBell

Well the EC401 has a shorter scale as your prior guitars, I'm guessing you will downtune your guitar to at least Drop B. I play a EC500 live in Drop B and have no problems, but anything lower that that I'd go for 25,5" scale since I don't like heavier string gauges.

I agree with this. If you want to stick with the EC shape, I say either get the EC-407, or get that Eclipse-shaped DevilDriver sig, since it's 25.5.

Post to Thread