would a jackson rr5 for an esp ltd ec-1000 be fair or stupid

Updated
Kv2
i own the rr5 i have played an ec-300 figured it would be similar in terms of how it plays i need the opinions of the good people of this forum thank you :)
Gazmonster

The EC 1000 is a great guitar, But I havent played a RR5 to compare. I supose its all about what suits you best. I just swapped my SL1 soloist for 2 Charvel San dimas guitars, I hardly played the jackson but love the Charvels and play them all the time. So its not just about the money

Powerslave

i've owned a ltd truckster and own a ltd WA600; both are basically ec1000's

i also own a RR5..... fair trade imho, just very different as far as feel so that would be your preference.

Kv2

thanks guys.

I really want a les paul style in my pile and i already have a jackson kv2 as my username suggest. so i figured giving up an rr5 wouldn't be so bad.

How are the neck on the ec-1000's?

i have played a 300 and at one time owned a ec-1000t ctm not sure if the necks on those are any different then a regular ec-1000

Metaldude

if u really want this , it HAS to be a ec-1000 !! when it comes to the neck id say the 1000 is just like the 300 but better by any count !
I love the 1000 neck it's so perfect ! once I went to a store and wanted to buy myself a specific guitar , then I played the ec-1000 silver burst and this guitar almost had me buyin it and forget about the actual guitar !

Kv2

if u really want this , it HAS to be a ec-1000 !! when it comes to the neck id say the 1000 is just like the 300 but better by any count !
I love the 1000 neck it's so perfect ! once I went to a store and wanted to buy myself a specific guitar , then I played the ec-1000 silver burst and this guitar almost had me buyin it and forget about the actual guitar !

well i get to try it out tomarrow and see. It's one of those black cherry ones

which would be my second pic, vintage black being first. are 09 models good?

i found that earlier esp guitars seem to be made better at least in my experience

load more replies (1 of 1)
Post to Thread