Please help me ID

Updated
iamchuck
I just picked this up the other day for $100. Pretty sweet guitar. The pickup mounting ring was broken when I got it but it is in real great condition otherwise. The pink Dimarzio was added by me. The original pickups are Duncan Designed, the 12th fret inlay just says 'LTD', the serial number is at the end of the fingerboard, and there is nothing on the back of the headstock. I am fairly knowledgeable about some other brands of guitars, but not ESP. I would just like to know what model it is and if it is MIK or not. Thanks for your time.
Josh in NY

From what I can tell and make of it, it appears to be a hot-rodded combo of an LTD Mirage and an LTD M. I had searched my ESP catalogs that go back as far as 1996, and I didn't spot an M-series that has that pickup configuration.

The LTD Mirage had that pickup configuration, but had a Wilkinson tremolo. And since the bolt patterns are the same on all the ESP/LTD's, it's possible someone had 2 LTD's and just swapped the neck and modded the body to add the Floyd Rose tremolo. So it seems you have a customed LTD M.

Sorry I couldn't be more specific, but hope this helps some...

Post to Thread