401FM Finishes

Updated
Kelby
Is it just me, or does the newest finishes' to the 401FM line seem a little falsely advertised? I always thought the 401FM was a good guitar and thought even more highly of it when I saw the RDB advertised on the website. I fell in love with the finish immediately and just had to find it to check it out in person after release. When I finally came across it I became very disappointed and found out the RDB was actually purple! I thought it could be some kind of mistake or even a new color that had just been released. But sadly, it was RDB. When I looked up images of the aqua blue on other websites, I found them advertised as a deeper, darker blue (similar how the RDB looks online). Maybe it is just me, but did anyone else notice these different finishes?
szillsarkanyi

I think that many of these finishes are very tough to photograph accurately. I have an LTD in see thru blue, and no matter what I do, flash, no flash, outside, inside, I just can't get that bit of sea-greenish that you see in person to show up in the picture. It always comes out a very pure, deep blue

(why they'd name the finish what it looks like in the pictures, rather than irl, is beyond me!)

Kelby

I think that many of these finishes are very tough to photograph accurately. I have an LTD in see thru blue, and no matter what I do, flash, no flash, outside, inside, I just can't get that bit of sea-greenish that you see in person to show up in the picture. It always comes out a very pure, deep blue

(why they'd name the finish what it looks like in the pictures, rather than irl, is beyond me!)

Or at least Photoshop it to change the captured image to what it actually looks like?

shathe

duh. everyone knows reindeer are purple.

Pushead

Perhaps your monitor needs calibrated.

Post to Thread