Constructive criticism

Updated
Howard Beale
I have had my ESP LTD EC-1000 FM for about a year now. During that time I have had the frets leveled and re-crowned because of a hump that developed at the twelfth fret that caused fret buzz between the fretted string and the nut. $200. I have had the tonepros bridge saddle under the G seize, the adjustment screw was not machined correctly. That will be another $65. The bridge pickup oscillates despite being adjusted down away from the strings...lowering the output. Eddy currents? Now my 3 way switch is beginning to act up. Twice I have contacted the customer service department asking about the bridge. I have never heard back. Yes I checked the junk mail folder. Yes it has been more than 10 business days since my last email. More like 30. Even if they won't do anything about the bridge I would have appreciated knowing the model of bridge, rather than figuring it out for myself. The guitar has never been abused, and still looks new, however, in my opinion the guitar has performed poorly. However the customer service has been worse. ESP forces you to contact them through an email form on their website, leaving the customer without a copy of the email or a record of the date it was sent. Indeed without the ability to request a delivery receipt or a read receipt there is no way of knowing if the email was delivered. It seems to me the very least ESP can do is send an email thanking the customer, and to confirm receiving the email. That would be the proper place to tell the customer about wait times for a response. I have heard nothing. I grew tired of waiting for the email and telephoned the customer service line. No one answered. I will never buy an ESP guitar again.
xZYRYABx

That sux.
You got a lemon, but shit happens.
Take it back to where you bought it and get a refund or send it in under warranty.
ESP customer service in my experience is shoddy at best unless you have a dealer call them.

esper

Wow, sounds like you got a clunker, looks like you've already put some money into it, but the stuff with the fretboard hump should have been covered under warranty.

The Viper 1000 I bought online had a couple cosmetic glitches, but I was so blown away by the out of box playability that I decided to forget about them. Basically, I adjusted the truss rod, set the action to 4/64" bass, 3/64" treble (the lowest action I'd ever want to go), and got great buzz free action. I've burned through more guitars than I'd care to list here, but the number of guitars I could do that with, I can count on 2-3 fingers.

cecilbag

Sorry to hear. You definately have to deal with the dealer who sold you the guitar. I agree customer service sucks that's why I go straight for the dealer. As far as 65 on the bridge machining, I might try tone pros themselves, might be faster

Gfunk

What did they say when you called the 800 number?

Post to Thread