no more earvana nuts?

Updated
Digiadaamore
hey guys i was just looking at ec-1000's and it lists just standard nut not the compensated model are they no longer earvana?
Gfunk

No.

Digiadaamore

Are they graphite still?

deus ex machina

Are they graphite still?
Earvanas weren't made out of graphite.

load more replies (1 of 1)
iconic

Anyone know why? I think it is a great feature on my Viper 1000.

Gfunk

No.

cecilbag

Maybe they got to pricey? I noticed they were phasing them out but no idea why, sorry.

MV-CTM

Maybe they got to pricey? I noticed they were phasing them out but no idea why, sorry.
earvana got in legal trouble and was forced to stop making them for certain guitars...

esper

My 2011 Viper 1000 has a plastic nut. Yeah, whatever kind of plastic it is, it's pretty decent quality. I ordered the guitar online, and since the info isn't listed anywhere, I had to figure out what the material was on my own. I emailed customer service a couple times about it, but no one ever got back to me. I guess they didn't want to talk about it, since it's technically a downgrade on the specs.

It's kind of a shame since the tonepros is top-notch, and the ESP locking tuners seem close to top-notch so far.

On the plus side, the ebony fretboard is a definitive upgrade on the Viper 1000, and the other LTD 1000s. Also, while the plastic pearloid flag inlays are technically a downgrade, they actually look better than all that over-the-top abalone that used to be on the Viper 1000s, it's not as distracting.

A Viper 1000 with ebony board, bone or Graph Tech nut, and real MOP inlays would be an ultimate though, since these guitars play so well.

cecilbag

As in they didn't get licensing for Fender, etc.?

MV-CTM

I think it was ernie ball

Post to Thread