Snakebyte and Emg's

Updated
apax07
So I purchased my Snakebyte last week and I love it very much already, sounds awesome! BUT! I cannot help but wonder why it is advertised that the LTD comes with the "Het Set"....If you even look at ESP's website at the signature set, the picture of the LTD Snakebyte has the "Het Set".......hmmm
Geetarguy70

The newer models will. You prob got one that was made last year etc. The ones coming off the line this year will have the Het set. I put them in my Snakbyte and keep the neck pick up very low, these things are quite a bit louder and once you find the right height, you will love them! Congrats on the new guitar!

apax07

Thanks for the reply! I didn't think about the new models having it, but its okay. I have the Het Set in my Gibson Explorer and they sound pretty sick. Idk if im going to switch out the pickups on the Snakebyte, Im really enjoying how they sound. Do you know what type of strings and gauge the Snakebyte comes with?

Geetarguy70

Mine came with 10's and I keep 10's on it. I thought my 81 sounded better in the Snakebyte but the Het Set neck pick up sounds way better than the 60. I am going to put 13's on it soon and see how they sound

cecilbag

What did you think sounded different about the het bridge and the 81?

Geetarguy70

The het bridge has more high end to it I think so I had to re EQ my amp. It's subtle man but it's different. If you want old Metallica sound you have to re EQ your low end a bit. Little more feedback as well but all in all it sounds really good once you figure out the EQ and pick up height.

apax07

Yea I am probably going to stick with the 10's then if that is what it comes stock with. I wonder what brand it is though. Do you have any recommendations, I have been using Ernie Ball power slinky's on my gibson...idk how it would sound on my snakebyte considering those are 11's

Metaddict

I think every ESP Guitar comes with SIT Strings.
Ernie Balls sound killer.I use Dáddario on my guitars because they have more choices when it comes to gauges

Josh in NY

Yea I am probably going to stick with the 10's then if that is what it comes stock with. I wonder what brand it is though. Do you have any recommendations, I have been using Ernie Ball power slinky's on my gibson...idk how it would sound on my snakebyte considering those are 11's

I think every ESP Guitar comes with SIT Strings.
Ernie Balls sound killer.I use Dáddario on my guitars because they have more choices when it comes to gauges

@ Apax07: I personally find that a heavier string guage will depend on what tuning you use and play at. For me, I use the Regular Slinky set for my E (w/ low B...) and my Eb (E flat, w/ low B flat...) I then use the Power Slinky set for my guitar tuned to D, which is D to D w/ low A. (Keep in mind that I own and play mainly 7-strings, But you get the idea...) I use the heavier string to keep things nice and rounded. Not too loose but yet not too tight and not bendable. The happy medium if you will. Also, if you move up a guage, you may have to tweak the neck/ truss rod adjustment to compensate...

@ Metaddict: Yes, you are correct. The ESP and LTD guitars come with the SIT strings and have for the last few years.

Post to Thread