Tips and Tricks

Updated
cullenszoo
The purpose of this tread is to gather tips and tricks for setup and maintenance of our beloved guitars in one place. Furthermore it can serve as a reference for future questions. I invite all contributions meant to aid the veteran player as well as the ones just starting out. I know there is a wealth of knowledge on this site so share the tricks you have picked up along the way.
cullenszoo

Since I started the thread I'll post the first tip.

Problem: Tuning instability with a floating tremelo.
Tip:
Just because you don't have a German Made Floyd Rose doesn't mean it's crap. If you have to re-tune every time you pic up your guitar try this before you shell out for a new trem.
Double Humbucker pick ups, regardless of maker, will produce a constant magnetic pull on strings. Try adjusting the pick up(s) away from the strings and see if the stability of the tuning improves.

Gfunk

Venture out of this section of the forum and have a look around.

There are countless "Tips & Tricks" type threads out there on general and specific topics. Do not be afraid to explore and experiment.

cullenszoo

I have ventured through the site and finding useful tips is like searching for a needle in a stack of needles. The idea is to consolidate every ones favorite tidbits of info. With your experience on the forum you probably remember where most of these threads are. It's not that easy from a newbie point of view.

Post to Thread