My First LTD....a love story!

Updated
cullenszoo
This past February I had a wallet full of money and it was screaming for me to buy a nice guitar for gigging. My local Craigslist didn't have much and all the pawn shops were fully stocked with Squires so, I visited my local Guitar Center in Knoxville, TN. When I walked in I had set three minimum standards for the guitar I wanted. First It had to have an extended scale, at least 24 frets. Second, It HAD to have a Floyd or Floyd like tremelo. Third, It had to be built solid to take the rigors of traveling around doing gigs. I checked the used gear, there were a couple of possibilities but the only thing close to the style I wanted was a vintage Kramer and it looked pretty beat up. There were a couple of LTD's but they were all hard tails. There was a Jackson but it had the reversed head stock and I just don't like the look of them. When I headed for the new guitar wall all I could think was "now I have buy a lessor quality guitar to fit my price range." In among the Ibanez and Jackson guitars were a couple of Deans and several LTD's. I picked up a MH-100QT. It was pretty, felt great to play and screamed "working machine!" I had seen several ESP and LTD guitars in the past but most had no tremelo. I was in love. From the quilt top finish to the black nickle hardware. Once I got it set up with my strings it is hard to put down. Now my Strats are on Craigslist and I'm in search of my next LTD! Who says you have to sacrifice quality on a budget? Is it normal to obsess over these guitars when you first discover the brand?
cullenszoo

I know I'm spoiled now! I did some trading today for a guitar I always wanted. A Jackson Kelly. I am finding the neck awfully wide in comparison to my LTD. Now I just have to find someone who wants to switch from a 1000 series to a Jackson. Doubt it.

Explorer45

Congrats dude! I know the lovestory from when I got my first LTD. Enjoy!

Deli

Man, that's a sweet looking axe! I still feel the same way about my Viper-401 FM!

load more replies (1 of 1)
Post to Thread