anybody know anything about these?

Updated
shathe
anybody know anything about these? particularly the year and body wood... i'm thinking 2001 or 2002 model, but i cant find anything "official" on these... thanks
cecilbag

Looks like ash but I don't know year. Looks like the Mirage they made in that timeframe though, you can usually find the real ESP ones cheap like 350-700 depending on condition

Amped Up

Yea, what Cecil said. Probably 90's or early 2000's.

Explorer45

That is a pre '97 LTD Mirage. If you look in the 1997 Catalog you will see it, allthough the see-through green was no longer available in 1997. That would mean it was made either in '95 or '96.

EDIT: Some specs: Ash body, Wilkinson Tremolo, ESP pickups.

atreyu2112

I had a blue one. Explorer45 is right about the specs, but also Sperzel locking tuners. Mine was a heavy guitar. It had a lot of weight in the body. It's either a '96 or '97. You have to take the neck off to adjust the truss rod.

shathe

thanks guys, i just picked up a new one (old stock) for $500. hope that i didn't get ripped off.

it's starting to look like it's a '96.

atreyu, how were the pups? hope i don't have to replace them because they suck.
man, that sucks about the neck though. i didn't even think of that. the only bolt-ons i have are a fender american strat and a fender american special tele, but they both adjust and the headstock.

i don't think the one i got has sperzels though...

Big Rich

guitar center used had that on there website for 499. im assuming thats the one you got ??

honestly i thought it was way overpriced, ive seen those sell for 199. the real ESP models like that sell for 400-600.

shathe

no, gc has 2 or 3 used ones. i got a new one.

atreyu2112

The neck & middle P'ups were great but the bridge, in my opinion, was meh. Standard early LTD stock ESP P'up. That being said ... it was matched nicely with both rails. Great guitar & nice find. Post up some pics & initial thoughts when you get it.

Spoonylove

Definitely ash. No idea on anything else. M-III maybe?

Post to Thread