LTD MH-1000NT Questions

Updated
ChadT
I am really digging this guitar but have a few questions. I think the NT strands for neck-through, but the ESP website actually says set-thru which is actually what I am looking for since you get more of the mahogany body tone vs true neck-thru which give you more of the maple neck tone. I like the mahogany PRS-ish crunch, and a thick punchy tone in general. Does anyone know for sure? Also, has anyone compared it tone and quality wise to any similar Schecters? I know they are similar but I haven't been able to compare side by side. Thanks.
ChadT

Anyone?

shathe

nt = no trem

Metaldude

well , do u have experience with emgs ?

Spoonylove

It'll have a nice full sound.

I've had a Schecter Hellraiser for around 5 years. It has a beefier neck than any MH/M/Horizon I've played. It's a great guitar

EMGs suck.

Yay.

Beaten Beyond

What kind of user name is that?

Murdoc

nt = no trem
I always thought it meant "neck through"
What kind of user name is that?
Looks like we have a CT1 and a CT2
Kinda like we have a GG1 and a GG2
LOL, well we used to!

load more replies (1 of 1)
GRAVESEED

Gotta get me one of them non-trem floyded guitars.. Those things are sweet.

shathe

it would be cool to get an LTD bolt-on ECMH-1001 NTFR NTB Viper II from the custom shop though ...

ESP

NT = Non-Trem

NTB = Neck-Thru-Body

cecilbag

NT = Non-Trem

NTB = Neck-Thru-Body

This. I'd also tell you the nt is also string through body. Great guitars

Clopstyle

Yes it is a set neck and string thru body. The 59' in the neck position has a nice thick tone. I replaced the bridge with a D'Activator(f spaced) and now a X2N(f spaced) as the poles on the JB didn't line up correctly with the strings(the low E string sounded weak). Both of the pickups i installed gave the guitar some serious low end. I have not played a Schecter so no comparison there.

It is a great guitar for the money, but I am planning to trade up for a NT-ii. Maybe keep the LTD as a backup.

Post to Thread