Esp ltd mh-1000fr , esp ltd m-1000fm

Updated
Metaldude
hey guys , I'm about to buy the ESP ltd m-1000 fm however I wanted to ask u one question . could someone tell me significant differences between these two guitars ? the MH-1000 FR and the M-1000 FM . I know that the shape is different ofcourse , that the MH -1000 has EMG 81+85 , the M-1000 EMG 81 x2 , and ofcourse the finish , but are there any other differences ? like quality ? has anyone had bad experience with one of these guitars ?
Murdoc

They're both 1000 series instruments and therefore top-o-da-line LTDs. I say go for either one. The mh is the horizon with a Floyd. The other is an m body which is commonly referred to as "super strat"

Metaldude

well , I'm tending to the M cause I just love the strat body and it seems like all features are the same at both guitars .

another question ; u know what's the deal with the H-351 FR ? seems like it is pretty professional too , but the price is pretty low for an high performance ltd . or is it another over the top ltd ?

Murdoc

well , I'm tending to the M cause I just love the strat body and it seems like all features are the same at both guitars .

another question ; u know what's the deal with the H-351 FR ? seems like it is pretty professional too , but the price is pretty low for an high performance ltd . or is it another over the top ltd ?

Pretty much all 300 series and up are professional grade instruments, with many being neck thru construction like my m 300fm. It's real nice for only $600.

Metaldude

good to know , I had bad experience with 600$ Jackson RR xseries , had an Floyd emgs etc , but the quality and manufacturing was really cheap , the neck binding was yellow not white and the finish wasn't only on the guitars body also little bit on the 24 fret , they did an awful paint job so I dont know what to expect with 600$ ltds

Murdoc

The fretboard binding will yellow over time, maybe that one had been in the store for a long time, but I like that, looks aged. But yeah, if you get a Chinese Ltd be prepared for flaws in the paint and whatnot. Overall they are great!

load more replies (1 of 1)
Metaldude

well it wasn't yellow like aged yellow , it was like at a few parts yellow at other ones white , it looked like somebody pissed on it .
but I shouldn't worry bout things like these when I buy an ESP ltd m 1000 right ?

thanks man , great to be in a professional board like this , and I'm looking forward to become a member of the ESP family when Im going to buy my first ESP soon !

btw , excuse my English skills , I'm not from the us or uk , just that u guys don't think I'm retarded or something lol

Murdoc

1000 series are made in Korea, much better quality control than China factories IME. You should be pretty well pleased. Where ya from br0?

Metaldude

ahh ok , well I got an carvin bolt on guitar , which cost about 1500 us dollar and it's MADE IN USA ;) that's even written on the headstock , i made it an custom model for myself .
hope the 1000 can make me happy as well !

I'm from Austria , hope my English is acceptable ;)

Murdoc

ahh ok , well I got an carvin bolt on guitar , which cost about 1500 us dollar and it's MADE IN USA ;) that's even written on the headstock , i made it an custom model for myself .
hope the 1000 can make me happy as well !

I'm from Austria , hope my English is acceptable ;)

Very cool on the Carvin! Your English is fine but some grammar Nazis that you WILL meet on here might correct your use of "an" in place of "a". ;)

Metaldude

thx , hahaa yeah I said "an custom" . i know when to use a and an , I was just too lazy to edit my message ;)

Post to Thread