I was given an ESP F-400

Updated
SorrowNightshade
I dont know how to play guitar >.> but was given this beautiful one, going to start lessons. is it good guitar to start on? its brand new in case and all, still has stickers. but i read its discontinued why is it?. .any advice or tips or should i sell it and get a cheaper one and such. thanks. also, would you reocnmend tabs or sheet music? because i am going to look for a teacher and dont know which way to pursue
shathe

i would recommend just packing it up and mailing it to me. you don't want to start any time consuming hobbies... : )

i don't really know anyone who has benefited from a teacher. not saying they don't exist.
i'd start on youtube. type in a song that you think might not be too hard and add 'guitar'. someone giving a tutorial will probably pop up.

you will suck until your fingers get conditioned, so don't give up and practice a few minutes everyday.

SorrowNightshade

i play violin, so i can read music, this guitar is soo.. beautiful. i kind of feel bad even owning it.

Why were they discontinued though, the 400 series?.

Spoonylove

They introduced the "401" line and shipped production to China. That 400 should be made in Korea, and thusly is a damn fine instrument. It's a great guitar to learn on. Don't feel bad owning her, man! Take some lessons, and you'll be fine. Enjoy the guitar, and post some pics of it please.

fireheart82

everyone produces in china nowdays. shouldnt china get their own brand soon.

SorrowNightshade

they have one already, labeled Crap.

Justinschut

401 is Indonesia..

But yeah it's a great guitar, just look for tabs and videos of songs your want to learn.

Scott M.

Don't know anything about your guitar but lessons will help you understand the basics (how to tune it, play a couple chords, etc). They can be a pricey though...another route might be checking out the video game 'rocksmith' (xbox/ps3). Its like the 'guitar hero' type games but uses your guitar hooked up to the console via a supplied usb instrument cable. In addition to playing along with real songs that are tabbed out, he game also has several mini-games like the old mavis beacon typing tutor games to help build skills like changing chords and maneuvering around the fretboard.

SorrowNightshade

that sounds sweet... definately going to get it.

RiffRaff

Damn those things are sweet! Why can't people give me "gifts" like that??? HNGD! :-)

load more replies (1 of 1)
SorrowNightshade

hold on, il take pics now

SorrowNightshade

I just realzed its not an F -400.

its something else

EvolutionVII

It's a LTD AX 400 STBK

SorrowNightshade

is it just as good as F-400?
i thought this was a f-400 >.< guess not
its pretty though, kind of purple ish in the light.

SorrowNightshade

i downloaded guitar pro 6, its awesome... can see tabs and the sheet music.. so many songs too, anyone reconmend easy songs for new person?

Guitar God

Nice guitar! The F-400 and the AX-400 are the same quality, just different body style.

Spoonylove

Nice guitar! The F-400 and the AX-400 are the same quality, just different body style.

+1. I'm not into crazy shapes, but the AX-400 has always interested me. Really nice guitar, dude!

Justinschut

Yeah same thing, different shape.

Songs depend on what kind of music you're into

Post to Thread