New MH-327

Updated
AWKguitarist
Just arrived from ESP yesterday. This chinese made guitar is pretty nice, except that the tone pot is too short. The knob was keeping it from falling down into the electronics cavity. The nut and washer were there, just not threaded -in fact I had to remove the washer so I could get the nut started. Once I did that, I put the knob back on, cavity cover back on, it was good to go. I have not messed with a "floyd rose special" so im eager to see if it will last through a tour. The frets are nice, no sharp edges. The pickups sound great, but I might replace the bridge pickup later. Nice binding. The action was very low and I raised it a hair, and feels as good as my h-1000. Pretty damn sweet. Not a heavy guitar, but not light either. I prefer heavy like my PH600 & MH400. Seems like a decent guitar. I like the fact that its neck-through. The 27 frets are ok, I doubt if ill use them, 24 is plenty for me. I may buy a spare floyd for it, cuz id hate to be on tour and something break on this floyd special.
Murdoc

Congrabs bro! I don't want to alarm you but the FRS's are bad news. My m300fm has it and it's a nightmare. The 2nd string detunes itself 1/2 step ALL THE TIME!!! I now see why ppl hate trem guitars. The FRS is made of such cheap components that right off the bat I had to order new locking nut screws from StewMac because the originals stripped out in like 3 uses. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. Maybe you'll have better luck.

AWKguitarist

I plan on replacing the floyd but first adding a brass sustain block and titanium string holding blocks. I played the shit out of it last night, and used the floyd special olympic trem alot without any problems but it has to prove itself before the thumbs up sign can be used. Ill post after a week.
Its supposed to have a push-pull tone which I dont think I have.

Scott M.

I also have a FR special (on my st203fr) and put a brass block on which helped with sustain but the block fills a large part the trem cavity and limits the amount I can pull back on it. I found that thats the only way I can bring my guitar back into tune after doing a big dive. Not sure if the dimensions of your guitar are similar. Also, the arm on mine is wobbly no matter how much i tighten the collar..Im using teflon tape to help limit that but I'd like to upgrade to a OFR someday.

AWKguitarist

My trem arm is stable, and installed a brass block lastnight. It is bigger but I can still yank up on it.
There is no push-pull on mine, and all the pots/electronics are marked Japan. Unlike the reviews I read, the electronics compartment is clean and neat.. I put enormous strings on it and the floyd doesnt flutter anymore. Ill be swapping them out tonight.

Murdoc

Cool, keep us informed! Are you gonna have it tuned to one tuning or switch between two or more?

Post to Thread