p/u change

Updated
jdkcfh666
I just picked up another ec1000 few weeks ago I love the emg's that are in it but already have same set up in my other ec so my thouht was to throw in the same seymours that are in the amber sunburst 1000 anythougts on how they are an maybe another combo that might be a better fit I play a wide variety of music so im not just stuck on the heavy side
WildeStarr

I'm an EMG guy, but if you go with SD.... try the JB in the bridge and the 59 in the neck. I have used that set before in the past.

cecilbag

I'm not a huge fan of the jb, I would go for a jazz in the neck and a distortion in the bridge. Just what I like in my les pauls

load more replies (1 of 1)
AWKguitarist

Yeah, and you will need a mono jack and 500k or 250k pot(s)....

Guitar God

Try the EMG X-Series.

jdkcfh666

Be honest this will be my first change out i had even thought of just slidin out the 60 an putting in an 85 in but figured there would be to much of a change thats why i was thinking of dropping in an all around balanced pickup

Murdoc

Be honest this will be my first change out i had even thought of just slidin out the 60 an putting in an 85 in but figured there would be to much of a change thats why i was thinking of dropping in an all around balanced pickup

If this is your first p/u swap out I wouldn't recommend passives to actives or vice versa. There are too many components to change. You would have to change the jack, the pots, the wiring, run a ground wire. Way too much for a first timer.

Midskier

Distortion in the bridge and a jazz @ the neck wired w/ coil tap, that will pretty much make any sound you want I ran that setup in an EC400VF sound was amazing.

BKG

Post to Thread