Have a question about the H-1001fm

Updated
Duellist
Hey all, I just ordered a H-1001fm. It is my first ever ESP so I'm pretty excited. I went in to the store and they had a MH-1000nt and I loved how it played but did not like the blue so I went with this instead as I heard that the only difference is the headstock and the pickups. Anyways, from what I can gather the guitar is awesome and has got great reviews but I have been reading that it has some trouble staying in tune when you want something other than standard. Can anybody that knows elaborate on that for me?
Duellist

Nobody? hmmm maybe I've read wrong then.

AWKguitarist

I have an h-1000 and never had it tuned to standard. Its in drop C and the sperzels keep it in tune. A friend has a couple and they never go out of tune,and he tours with them.
Wood responds to temperature, so if your bedroom is 70° and your jam space is 90°, you might experience some issues.

Duellist

Ya I am very aware on how wood responds to temperature( I am also a drummer of 15 years) this was more to do with the type of nut in the guitar and the design causing the guitar to have more string tension which caused problems when down tuning. I don't know, lol maybe I don't know what the hell i'm talking about. I've been playing guitar for 7 years with a year break and have just started playing again. I've only ever played with floyds so the string through is new to me.

load more replies (1 of 1)
t1mman

You shoudln't have any problem keeping it in tune, less than anything with a Floyd (which, onces setted up properly, will stay in tune)

Only thing is to do the intonation and fine tuning when you change tuning (Standard to half/full tone, etc).

If you need help doing the intonation, feel free to ask

Murdoc

You shoudln't have any problem keeping it in tune, less than anything with a Floyd (which, onces setted up properly, will stay in tune)

Only thing is to do the intonation and fine tuning when you change tuning (Standard to half/full tone, etc).

My 2nd string always goes out (flat) I just assumed it was due to the cheap Floyd special, I wonder if it's just not setup properly?

Duellist

Thanks for the input, so you mean because Ive got the string through and not the floyd I have to mess with intonation whenever I want to change tune? That seems like a pain in the ass just to change to drop d.

Post to Thread