Just got a EC-1000T - Question

Updated
stormypenny
Just got this baby for Christmas. Tuned it. Stretched the strings. Tuned it. Drove a "D" chord. Sounded funny. Higher pitch... Put new strings on. Same condition. Came up with an idea. Drop tune the high string just a little bit. Now, perfect sound. The chord sounds perfect...Do I have to drop down the high string every time to get the right sound? On the tuner, all the strings show in tune except the high "D" string. Help please. Thanks, SP
Nitrobattery

Just got this baby for Christmas.

Tuned it. Stretched the strings. Tuned it.

Drove a "D" chord. Sounded funny. Higher pitch...

Put new strings on. Same condition.

Came up with an idea. Drop tune the high string just a little bit. Now, perfect sound. The chord sounds perfect...Do I have to drop down the high string every time to get the right sound? On the tuner, all the strings show in tune except the high "D" string. Help please.

Thanks,
SP

Those guitars have extra jumbo fret wire. If you're pushing too hard when fretting notes, you'll knock it sharp.

EvolutionVII

Setup intonation, easy as pie on tunomatics.

Murdoc

Lemme see a pic of that bad boy please. ;)

AWKguitarist

D
I have one of these ECTs, they are great guitars and I never experienced anyissues. Like he said -you might be pushing down too hard.

Nicholas S.

It's just the way a major chord works. For a Major chord to SOUND perfectly in tune its third must be slightly flat, so if your guitar is perfectly in tune, it may still sound a little out.

Post to Thread