SIT Strings promo code question

Updated
SIT Strings promo code question
Hey, guys. I should've asked this when I got my M 1000, but forgot. When I got it, there was this SIT string tag tied to it with a promo code to recieve a free gift. Like a week after I got the guitar, I went to the site it said to go to and entered the promo code and it's been a little over a month since I entered that code and I haven't gotten anything. If you guys done this before, how long did it take for them to send you something? Also, is the reason they haven't sent me anything is because my M 1000 is 3 years old(still a new guitar, but my local ESP dealer still had it in the store since '08 - as a lot of you know from looking @ my 1st post on here when I got the guitar) and the promo code is old? It's not that important, but I'd like to know when I'm getting the "free gift" that it said I'd get when I enter that code. Thanks.
Gfunk

Forget the gift. You don't want anything from SIT regardless if it is free or not.

Put some decent strings on that pig, and wank away. Have fun!

Guitar God

Forget the gift. You don't want anything from SIT regardless if it is free or not.

Put some decent strings on that pig, and wank away. Have fun!
I already put some Ernie Ball's on it when I got it, since the SIT's that came on it were old. Personally, I love SIT, but the store didn't carry 'em, so I went with my next choice - Ernie Ball.

load more replies (1 of 1)
shathe

i finally received my first set after A YEAR!!!!
should still have four more sets on the way, but i've pretty much written them off.
i've also pretty much written off SIT as a company. not really big on companies that do BS fake promotions. there is no reason to take a year to send out a set of strings. ridiculous....

Michael W.

yeah, I entered the promo code over 6 months ago and still haven't received any strings. I actually liked them too, lasted a long time without corroding and sound good to me.

Guitar God

Wow. I have a friend who entered the promo code that came with his MH-50 and he got his free strings within a month.

Nitrobattery

I strongly believe that the SIT on the packaging is a typo.

Murdoc

I strongly believe that the SIT on the packaging is a typo.
Ha, I just got it!

Post to Thread