Chinese ltd ec-100qm

Updated
fozzil
Hi folks, bought a ltd ec-100qm from the local cash coverters they other day,look good played good, there was no warping in the neck and the price was wright so i bought it ..got it home and plugged her in to my 40watt hughes and kethner statesman quad el84 and it sounded great,anyway there was lots of little green stickers on it from cashies so when i was pulling the stickers off there was one over the serial number so pulled it off and it said China Serial number L0728249,didnt no esp were making guitars in china so i thought it was a fake and emailed esp with photos of it,Jason Gile esp sales manager america sent me a replay saying.. NO its not a fake that serial number is on our database...So there yah go,bit strange most of the forums i have checked out say that theres LTD copies that come out of china..but real LTD guitars the high end ones are made in japan and the lower end ones are made in korea..so not quite shaw whats going on..
Justinschut

It used to be Japan for ESP and Korea for LTD, but now only the 1000 (and 600?) series are made in Korea, 400 etc are made in Indonesia and the lower end models are made in China

brandono61cr

It used to be Japan for ESP and Korea for LTD, but now only the 1000 (and 600?) series are made in Korea, 400 etc are made in Indonesia and the lower end models are made in China

yeah the sigs are still Korean

fozzil

V-300, mate the reply from esp was the next day, it was great they got back to me so fast,not sure what year it was made maybe 07 because of the first two numbers in the serial number,yep the ec-100qm is certainly in the lower end..

Justinschut

yeah, that would be 2007

deus ex machina

The 100 series used to be made in Korea, but that was like 8 years ago.

fozzil

Thankz guys that cleared that little mystry up

Post to Thread