New V-300 Problems/Questions

Updated
V-300
Hello, i am new on this Message Board an have a Question about my ESP LTD V 300. First, excuse my English. The first v 300 i got has had a huge finish blow out , there was no finish, only naked wood. I return it to the Dealer. The Second V 300 i got has unevennes in the finish and wood all over the body. The ESP LTD V 300 came in the ESP Carton, only with the Tool pack. There is no inspection Label on the back of the guitar, i mean this blue/white sticker whitch i have seen on pictures. Then the V300 wasnt able to play out of the box. I have had to set the Neck correct, the string height and there was no standart tuning. Also a Volume Poti was loose. First i thought that one is used, but there was no dust or mark on the finish. After i told that my Dealer, i got a cheaper price. So i could live with it, but after i read today the "Buyer beware" Warning on ESP Site, i am wondering if i got an original LTD or Fake?! Isnt there an Inspection of Guitars who where build and are ready to ship to Dealers? How can i be sure to have an original LTD? Serial Number? Should i look which battery is inside, or look into the case where the electronic of the EMG is inside? Btw,the Guitar is a great one, plays very very good. But the Quality it has isnt good! Dont want to blame Esp/Ltd, i like those Guitars very well, but this one........ Greetings Dan PS: i still wrote an email to ESP,but a friend(also member here) of mine told me, i should ask here,cause it could take a time to get answer!
V-300

Anyone could tell me how i can put pictures of the guitar inside my thread?

V-300

Thx for you help!!
Hope this works.
First Picture i have paint red lines on it,to show how this error is there in real to see, its very hard to make pictures of it depends on the black finish.
The long red line looks like, as they are to wood plates put together, sorry i cant tell you that on english correct, hope you understand what i mean.
On last picture you can good see the errors i have in front,back and on the neck.

only to be correct, this is an new guitar, not used. thats like it comes out of the box.
so, i could have give it back,but the price was good. the only thing i want to know, is this a real LTD and why the hell did a guitar with such errors go into sale?
But that i still wrote above.

V-300

Anybody has a picture from inside of the control cavity from an guitar of 300 or 401 series? not only Vs.
I would be interested how it must look like for an ESP LTD Guitar!

Opened the Battery Compartment and the Control Cavity, and alot of saw dust comes out of them. Then one hole for a screw of the battery case is damaged, the wood is cracked.

I still got no Response from ESP, so thats why i ask again some details.
i go unsure more and more, if this one V is real. Sorry if i annoy someone!

The Errors in the Finish, is this normal that, for example, one of hundred guitars have some erros, or did this happend not before?
Also the other problems i had with this V, can this happen or is that not normal for an LTD?

load more replies (1 of 1)
V-300

Thx for answer Boatnut
The Problem is, after i have seen that there is such error like on the pictures, it was some days gone since i got it. so dealer told me,now its used. but he gave me an amount of money back. the cracked wood in the battery case,i found out today.
I like this guitar, it plays very well, and i will keep it.
but i dosnt understand how this one could get in stores and why there was no inspection, also the inspection label is missing as i wrote above. thats the point for me.

ill keep her, but i still have worries....
i hope esp will answer my email soon

Spoonylove

I'm not trying to be mean here dude, but if you want us to help you we need clear, in focus pictures of the whole guitar. Help us help you, man.

greenman

your pictures are pretty blurry, but I think that's a legit LTD...I don't have the 300, but I do have the V-401 (also made in Indonesia) and the finish on that also has the lines in the paint where the wings attach to the body. it's really crappy looking. the quality on my 401 is pretty shoddy...the holes for the pots are drilled oval-shaped, there was glue from the nut that had leaked on to the binding, and dents in the fingerboard. not a huge deal to me since i bought the guitar for a project and got it cheap, but i definitely can believe that an LTD would have the problems you're describing.

my advice is to sell that pos and buy a korean made V-500. much better.

V-300

Yes i hope, dont know if the contact formular or the mail adress you get on esp webside is only for US customers, hope not!

so here i made a few more pictures, Quality isnt good but i dont have a better cam, never needed a good cam before.i should buy one ^^

V-300

and again some pictures
can only upload 5 each post
Picture 4 and 5 you can see the cracked wood hole for the skrew!

Spoonylove

I dunno, it looks legit to me. The lack of any sort of inspection sticker or material would really bother me, though.

V-300

Thx for your Answer.
I have wrote again an email to my dealer, with all erros i have found till today! A huge List ^^
So i have to wait for ESP and Dealer Response.

But i am glad to hear that it looks legit for you!

Spoonylove

You could also try and PM the MOD on this forum and ask that he take a look at this thread. He is a USA only guy, but he could probably help you figure out why there was no inspection tag on the guitar.

V-300

Ok thx for this information!

greenman

oh god, it was made in china? that explains a lot.

V-300

oh god, it was made in china? that explains a lot.

I have had worries about china,but ive asked my dealer and another one, and they told me,that china, korea and indonesia have the same factory standarts, so there would be no difference between the guitars made in china,korea and indonesia.....i didnt see an korea or indo V before, so i dont know if this is true.

V-300

Thx for your info!
if there wouldnt be this shitty finish and the,as greenman told"where the wings attach the body error" i would say the quality is very good, if i would forget the cracked skrewhole in the electric case, the tuning and the loose volume poti.

But for 629euro or rather 665euro(some dealer take this amount) there should not be some big problem with the guitar. Ive payed 550euro for this V.

That the Tuning isnt always 100% correct, thats okay and no problem.
Volume Poti loose, okay could happen, long way from China to ?Usa and then to Europe^^
Cracken Wood in the Electric Case, this should not happen, you cant see how deep this crack goes!
The Bad Finish....sorry no apologies!

So i have wrote an email to the Distributor here who import the ESP LTD and Other Brands.
Now i am waiting for three Anwers from People who should know some accurate details!

Justinschut

doesn't look fake in any way. Too bad about the quality

V-300

Yes iam very happy with this.
When the new one is arrvied i will post pictures and will give a short review.

5Minutes ago i got an Answer from the Distributor here
He was/is frightened about the huge amount of errors.
He want the Serial Number to clear this up,why it is in such bad condition.
I also will come back about this when i get news.

V-300

Hello together,

3Hours ago i recieved my new V 300.
It was boxed very very well. Around the Head was a Styrofoam-back, also around the Wings of the V. Also more Styrofoam in the Corners of the Box, so this V300 wasnt able to move in the box.

I am very happy and as i watched the first time on the V300, after i returned the protection film, i notice that this one looks not like the other both.
A Example, the nut of the both old ones looks very flexible, the nut from this one is very hard and looks like this one is a higher quality.

The Volume and Tone Potis move very light, not so the Potis from the other Vs, there you could fell an resistance.

No marks or errors in the finish, no error like" where the wings attach the body"
Also the tool kit is an other one and there was a SIT STrings Flyer inside with a Code for a free Gift.

I was wondering why the third V 300 is without Errors, was there only bad luck .....
NO, after i looked on the Head to compare the Serial Number on the LTD with the one on the Box i saw INDONESIA written before the serial number.
So i think, there are huge differences between LTD from China and Indonesia.

Tomorrow i will play it the first time, i hope all went good.
Also i will open the Battery and Electric Case tomorrow, to look if there is some wood cracked again in teh Skrewholes.

EDIT:
Question about Indonesia, i thought that all 300er Series are now made in China, ive read this on an message board.
If i am not wrong my new says IW11 at the beginning, so was this V300 built in 2011?
Cant check it, the guitar isnt here.

sp1ke

Congrats on your new V-300

V-300

No new V300 here anymore.
Shipped it back to Dealer.
Have had vibrations on the deep E chord.
Looked along the Neck and found out that it is crocked.
Where the neck attach the Body, you can see that it isnt parallel to the EMG.
Also if you look from the Head along the Neck,you see that the fretboard on the deep E Chord site is deeper then on the high E Chord site.

I want my Money back and hope i will get it.
This one was optical without any Error but i dont need a crocked neck.

I dont know what i should wrote more, i am very pissed off.
Never had such Problems before.

V-300

Hope you can see what i mean!

Post to Thread