locking for a new guitar

Updated
mav
Hi there i'm looking for a new guitar and need your help. The specs for what i want: EC / LP shape no whammy bar decent high output passive PUs (i.e. Duncan Jeff Beck) don't care if 22 or 24 frets should be not offensive to the eye, i.e. pink color :P good hardware it's going to be used for oldschool rock to modern metal. price should be 700-900 €. as far as i can tell there are a few LTD models with 'full thickness'. to those of you who had the chance to compare these models, how much is the wheight difference and the tone difference say between the EC1000T to the EC1000. (As i understand: only the EC1000T and 1000CTM are full thickness?) so far the most interesting models on the model overview are: EC1000CTM EC1000T EC1000FM EC1000VB/Duncan unfortunatelly no model fullfills my expectations completely: -the CTM has active PU's -the 1000T has low output PU's and i can't find a shop here in my country that lists it -the FM is not full thickness and the binding locks a bit too fancy, at least in the pictures. is it better in real life? -the VB/Duncan locks really nice except the gold PU cases (can i get it without them?) and is not full thickness as well. it's listet in some shops but not in stock. when did it come out? How is the production tolerance for these models, do i have to lock out for 'bad' guitars? Can i get the standard models with different PU's or do i have to buy extra PU's and replace them (and lose warranty)? How are the EC401 compared to the 1000? Are there full thickness 401? Any alternatives to these LTD models? (i guess not :) ) If some of you could answer a few of these questions it would help me a lot. thanks. (sry for typo in the thread headline)
Justinschut

you're gonna need Sperzels if you're locking for a new guitar

Murdoc

you're gonna need sperzels if you're locking for a new guitar

lmmfao

load more replies (1 of 1)
StaggerLee

you're gonna need Sperzels if you're locking for a new guitar

GD, that's funny!

mav

or maybe a dictionary :P

EvolutionVII

Are there full thickness 401?

Yes.
The 401VF series.

franciscomeza11

just get the EC1000 amber burst, it comes with seymour duncans and it has locking tuners, fixed bridge, it's the one on my avatar, do a youtube search and you might even find me playing it

Zorlac

just get the EC1000 amber burst, it comes with seymour duncans and it has locking tuners, fixed bridge, it's the one on my avatar, do a youtube search and you might even find me playing it

Lol scam to get him to watch ur vid so you can win that prize?

load more replies (1 of 1)
AWKguitarist

I have a few ECs and yanked the EMGs out of every last one of them.
The EC T now has duncans.

AWKguitarist

Things to take into consideration are scale length, pickups, vibrato, wood, frets,etc. LTD Vipers and Ecs are short scale, some rosewood fretboard, some ebony, unless you go with the ltd Ec 7 string which is 25.5 scale.

StaggerLee

EC-1000T/CTM 8+ lbs. EC-401VF 10+ pounds. Both full, non contoured thick bodies.

Murdoc

They make ESP locking tuners too.

Post to Thread