so what exactly is the ESP LTD connection?

Updated
Malikon
I only ask because I see online people saying, "Don't think of ESP/LTD like Gibson to Epiphone or Fender to Squier, it's it's own thing." But no one really explains what that actually means? Is ESP not the parent company and LTD the spin off company the same way that Gibson/Epiphone, Fender/Squier are? Or is it meant more like Fender 'made in america' VS Fender 'made in mexico'? Just curious and haven't been able to find a concise explanation yet.
LYNNCHPIN

So I never updated my experience with the LTD EC (Eclipse / Les Paul). It was actually quite shitty. I don't remember all the details but the intonation was way off, the fretwork was extremely rough, and it just sounded really cheap and hollow. It looked cool, jus sitting there, but as soon as you picked it up to play it felt like pure garbage. I sent it back. Next time, I'm going ESP USA all the way. Fuggiddall 

BOOGIEMAN

It’s pretty simple really. They are marketed and sold as ESP LTD, supported by ESP directly and are a part of the ESP family. Why some have an issue with this is ridiculous…

Norseman

I started a band in 2007 and was gigging with my Gibson Les Paul 1960 Reissue until a drunk girl got on stage and bumped into it and knocked it over.  After that I looked into something a little less near and dear to my heart to gig with.  I ended up getting a EC-1000 FR that had EMGs.  I gutted it and installed Gibson 496R and 500T pups (same as my Gibson) and it sounds incredible.  I gigged with that guitar until 2018 when we folded.  I rode that guitar hard and put it away wet.  It’s STILL one of the nicest guitars I have.  I feel they are unbeatable in value.  Maybe other affordable guitars can be AS GOOD …but I don’t think any are better.  Now I have an EC-1000 Amber with the JB/‘59 (Indonesian made and I did have some issues that were resolved by spraying contact cleaner on the toggle switch and pots AND I also made a minor neck adjustment, raised the neck pickup slightly and lowered the bridge slightly, lowered the action and adjust intonation on 2 strings) and it sounds and plays incredible too.  I have a couple of expensive guitars (Gibson & PRS) and YES they are better playing/sounding …but dollar for dollar you can’t beat the LTD EC series. 

Skyler B.

Old thread but for those mad about people calling it a ESP LTD; sorry but that’s exactly what it is.

they even used to put both on the headstock and in stores they’re still called ESP LTD.

I just call my bass a ESP because it is a ESP, just the more budget friendly ESP.

sorry that you think people need to empt their pockets to be able to call their guitar a ESP.‍♂️

Post to Thread