so what exactly is the ESP LTD connection?

Updated
Malikon
I only ask because I see online people saying, "Don't think of ESP/LTD like Gibson to Epiphone or Fender to Squier, it's it's own thing." But no one really explains what that actually means? Is ESP not the parent company and LTD the spin off company the same way that Gibson/Epiphone, Fender/Squier are? Or is it meant more like Fender 'made in america' VS Fender 'made in mexico'? Just curious and haven't been able to find a concise explanation yet.
xZYRYABx

that's exactly what it is.
and LTD does NOT stand for limited, doesn't stand for anything actually.
There are other ESP branchoffs as well besides LTD; grassroots, edwards, navigator...

Malikon

So would you still call an LTD an "ESP" guitar?

Or would you call it an "L.T.D."?

Trendkill

Would you call a Ferrari a Fiat ... or call a Fiat a Ferrari/maserati/Alfa Romeo/Lancia (all owned by Fiat)

Malikon

So it's an LTD then? That's all ya gotta say man, lol.

I wouldn't call a Ferrari anything other then a car I will surely never own.

I prefer Camaros. :)

Justinschut

It's LTD or ESP LTD in my book, depends on who I'm talking to ;)
But yeah, it's almost like Gibson/Epi and Fender/Squier except for one thing..

Which is that LTD's don't suck and they crap all over Epi's en Squiers

LYNNCHPIN

I like this comparison and I will verify this claim soon as I am waiting on a baritone model LTD Eclipse to arrive (EC-401b). I figure with the consistent awesome quality in the ESP line and with so many people supplementing their ESP gear with LTD models, there has to be a decent amount of quality control handed down from ESP. 

Justinschut

and I'll take a '69 Charger :D

cecilbag

Bump for the greatest of all, Ford Mustang

load more replies (1 of 1)
sirsloop

Kinda seems lame IMHO to call it an ESP LTD . I mean you don't go around saying you got a Gibson Epiphone or a Fender Squire . Just sounds retarded and is a lame attempt to make it sound like you have the real deal. I play a LTD MH1000NT... not a ESP LTD (cough horizon cough) MH1000NT.

Deli

Who's on first?
The Chicken or the Egg?
Why is the sky blue?
How is Lindsay Lohan still getting work?
How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop?

The world may never know...

load more replies (1 of 1)
deus ex machina

Lindsay's tatas are nice.

Justinschut

I want a General Lee in black, like the matte black one in Drive Angry

IbbySRX

I actually had a 2004 B-304 bass (no longer have it), with both ESP and LTD on the headstock.

Zhalman

I had an LTD EC-50 with 4 knobs and it had both logos too, bought it used but the guy said that's how he purchased it from a store so...

Justin B.

There are actually a lot of artists that use ltd during their live shows...for example Gary Holt uses a ltd ec 1000 while  playing with exodus and slayer. ..

CrotchKnockerX

I find it hard to believe that LTD dosen't stand for anything.  

What, the letters LTD letters just looks cool? I think letters from Asia look cool too! 

I just hope you guys arent pissing off Larry, Tod and Danny! 

Anyway, Im from the 80s and all ways been a fan of ESP. Im warming up to LTD.

phillip L.

Old thread but I'm one of those cork sniffers who cannot stand the expression "ESP LTD" it's NOT an ESP, so stop calling it that! I can't even search online for ESP guitars for all the ESP LTD's poping up.. 

That aside, I do like LTD guitars, I've got 3 of them,  one cheap one, one middle one, and one expensive one. I think they are the best low/mid level guitars you can buy, far superior to Epiphone and I think on par with American Fender and some Gibsons. I don't have any issue gigging with an LTD while my ESP sits at home. 

orry f.

i have 2 LTD's, an EC-1000 Satin and a B-304. i really like the both of them but especially the EC-1000. the EC-1000 is a beautiful guitar and i would definitely gig with. ive played (never owned) some 2000 dollar gibsons from Acoustics to Les Pauls, and have played many strats and tele's and the ec-1000 definitely comes close in quality in my opinion. dont let the name or brand fool you, a nice instrument is a nice instrument, and when it comes to gibson or fender or whatever the top brands are, u loose quality to price due to the name on the instrument. dont get me wrong a expensive gibson or fender are beautiful beautiful beautiful instruments but you can get something close or equal quality for a fraction of the price without paying for the brand name. not too sure on the DIfference between LTD and ESP anymore tho. if you look online now a days all the higher grade ESP's are LTD's 

Tim R.

LTD = Living The Dream

Post to Thread