ESP LTD B-15 5-String Electric Bass any good?

Updated
Asmodaus
Is this model good enough for direct line in recording. I need a bass to record scratch bass tracks at home. Or is this so cheap I'd just be wasting my money? Thanks to the Bass players for any info.
Kris Warrington

Any bass guitar can be good for recording. The thing with direct line is, unless you're direct inputting your amp into your computer, the tone will be determined clearly by what software you use (Example the "Harcore", "Guitar Rig Pro", "Audacity", "Adobe Audition", ect.) If you want my honest opinion the best way to record any instrument is by simply micing out your amplifier. This honestly works the best. For bass all you need is a cheap condenser mic (The ones that plug into USB ports are always nice and cheap). The B-15 is obviously the cheapest B model 5 string ESP makes meaning that you get the same body of the B series but with far inferior electronics and wood construction than the higher end B models (ESP was nice enough to make it to where anyone can own a bass that looks like a high end bass). Personally I own a ESP F-104, which is a second tier F-model and I loved the tone it had. A bass guitar is all what you make it really, EQ it right, and compress it (Most recording programs come with this software) and you should be fine.

bloodybassist

i got a B-55 and it is very well made and then i just got a F-254 that blows my b-55 out of water but im pretty sure you should do fine with a b-15 direct.

Big Rich

buying an expensive bass to direct record is pointless. if your a guitarist who only picks up a bass to record with, a cheaper bass is fine. i have a ltd viper 50 bass thats awesome for recording with pod farm

the b15 should be just as good for your needs .... just do it

Post to Thread