Strap Locks

Updated
ammar
The strap button on my EX-400BD just came out loose and won't screw into place again. I think it is time to buy replacement strap buttons, and I would like to try Strap Locks. People list them as one of the most essential upgrades to any guitar. So please suggest a brand, model and vendor preferably with international shipping. Thanks
ammar

Thank you sir!

ammar

Schaller on the way!

Thanks

Taj21

Dunlop's I've had too many problems with the nut coming loose on the schallers been running the Dunlop's for last 20 years never had a problem.

Instead of the toothpicks try a couple of pieces of E or A string gives more bite for the screw

load more replies (1 of 1)
ammar

Thanks for the inputs guys, I might order some Dunlops for my Epi LP. The strap buttons don't look very reliable and it is a heavy guitar.

Deli

For me, the only time I tried Schallers were on my old Gibson SG Special (Dunlops wouldn't work on them for some weird reason) and they were so shoddy and uncomfortable, I would never recommend them to anyone and I for one, will never use them again.

ammar

Too late for that , I will have to experience my self. i will report back once I receive them guys.

Thanks for the inputs

Nicholas S.

sounds like some user error to me....

Tdk24

I'm sorry but schallers are junk. The little button you pull out to engage/release them works it's way loose and falls off never to be found again. Switched to dunlops and never looked back. They make 2 styles now. The newer style resembles a regular strap button so you can use any strap on them. I have the old and new on 5 guitars and they never failed me. Neither is very expensive, try them both and see what you like better.

OutlawTorn

I'm sorry but schallers are junk. The little button you pull out to engage/release them works it's way loose and falls off never to be found again.

i've been using Schallers for 10+ years, never have i ever had that happen...

ammar

Will definitely do.

Could you please elaborate more on the new Dunlop model you mentioned.

Mark K.

What about the ernieball ones?

ammar

Got the schallers. Screws were rather long but i managed to screw them in tightly, so now it fits perfectly.

I like these strap locks , removing the strap takes seconds and it make the strap rest in the middle of my shoulder rather than closer to my neck! (make sense?)

Next I will get some Dunlops for my LP, just as a trial.

metallimat

I have Schaller strap locks on both my guitars, never had trouble with them.

Post to Thread