Sooooo...how's the ltd distressed series?

Updated
stringslinger01
Does anybody here experience with ltds distressed series (ec-256, te-202, st-203)? I really like the looks of them from ltd's website and have been wanting a "relic" guitar. There aren't any around here for me to play though. I have played the gl-256 and I absolutely love the feel of that guitar. Pros/cons please! Thanks
DUKE

^ I really really want one of those!

Tfr123

the te and st look cool distressed but i dont like the ec

stringslinger01

How is the relic finish on them? I know on the gl-256 that i played, the "relic" looks very generic, almost like a sticker graphic or something. But the neck looks/feels amazing! i love jumbo frets. How much do these cost anyways?

loversmoon

musiciansfriend has them for under 500

cecilbag

The st203 is 349 and the fr is 399 I didn't think the gl was available in ltd anymore just the ESP but there are probably some out there still

slovakzombiehero

Ugh, why do they even bother with the relic'd look when they look so fucking cheap and shitty? I would be willing to give those a shot otherwise.

Vegetta

I have The st 203 FR and I really like the guitar a lot but I ma not a fan of the relic finish. It doesn't look bad in person really (the neck looks a bit funny tho) but i have guitars over 20 years old that look no where near that beat up.

I have also played the ST 203 regular trem and it was killer - I actually plan on getting one of those at some point.

Now iF they would just release a LTD Joe Stump version strat with Scalloped frets I would be very happy!

cecilbag

I agree a joe stump ltd would be killer do they make a model for him, I've never seen one

1point8t

No, and you will likely never will. I highly doubt ESP would leave the Korean factory the task of scalloping fretboards properly... that could get ugly. Would make a nice axe though if done right.

shupe13

I have the EC-256 AVG. First off the guitar doesn't have what I would call a relic-ed appearance. I consider relicing to happen over time of a well loved guitar. Mine looks straight up abused! Not realistically either around the binding, the bridge or even around the pickup rings. The hardware shows no wear at all. Not realistic at all, unless your guitar tech is a raging alcoholic and chooses hammers over screwdrivers, but the guitar is really cool looking. Not to mention it plays like a dream. Very comfortable. Very familiar, like an old best friend. The pickups don't sound bad at all. As a matter of fact they sound way better than one would expect from a $400 guitar. I'm impressed with the tuners as well. Nothing worse than not being able to stay in tune. I'm going with the Duncan relic-ed PAFs soon but the stocks are really decent sounding. I really like this guitar. I may get the black one and drop blackouts in it.

Christian K.

I bought today a used, I think a ... 

ESP LTD Viper 256 Guitar Distressed/relic

I am very amazed to get this one... I will put a picture there:

Is anybody able to tell me if the produkt-name is correct???

Thanks a lot,

Christian

chris b.

Hey 

Du hast die Gitarre damals von mir in 1140 Wien gekauft. Ich habe sie damals wegen finanzieller Notlage verkauft und würde mich total freuen wenn du dich bei mir meldest.

Mir liegt soviel an dem teil! Ich hoffe wir kommen ins Gespräch.

lg, chris 

Pushead

It's hard to tell from just one photo. It may be a legit LTD, but there was a lot of work done after the previous owner bought it. The relicing was enhanced (there's way more "wear" than there would have been from the factory. The inlays, pick guard and eye-bolt strap connection are not stock.

chris b.

Hey! I was the original owner and I did the relic job myself, it is an ltd viper-50 

Post to Thread