Purchasing Advice

Updated
Josh J.
Hello Everyone, I've been out of the loop for about 10 years now, and could use a little help on picking up a new guitar. Currently I have: Jackson Pro Performer RR (Invader) Washburn KC-42V (Screaming Demon) Ampeg VH-140C Crate GS-1425V My budget consists of $800 max, which I have narrowed down to the following: Gus G 600EC (Blackouts) EC 1000 (81/60) Viper 1000 (81/85) I'm sure you can see a trend with the pups, as they are all active. There is also nowhere for me to demo any of these models within 4 hour round trip, otherwise I sure would have. Maybe I'm just splitting hairs between my choices, but I'd rather have the opinion of those who have played on these. As you may have suspected, I'm a metal player. Thanks, Josh
IceSlicer

Viper 1000. total upper fret access and it also is the best shape for playing sitting down. My Viper 1000 is better than the 2 Gibson SG's I USED to own.

jalmetalman

My vote would be with the ec1000. used to own one, great guitars.

brandono61cr

they all play the same but think the gus with blackouts looks like ass, (blackouts are killer tho) i would go with the viper 1000

Josh J.

Thanks guys,

Looks like I'll give the Viper 1000 a shot.

antipole

I would go for the EC for a Les Paul body guitar is easier to resell than a SG.

Post to Thread