A few simple questions

Updated
Caustic
I have an LTD F-250 but I have no idea when it was made, is there a way to find out? Also I had the stock pick-ups removed and had a set of passive EMG's put in...H4-H4A but they really do not sound that great, I understand they are passives but I can't really tell a big difference from the stock pick ups that where in there before. Is it possible they did something wrong at the shop? If my guitar is say 2-4 years older than the ones listed on ESP's website is it possible the specs on my F-250 are way different from the newer F-250's? Thanks.
singlecoilpickup

EMG Passives just aren't that good. If you want passives, you should look at a good set of Seymour Duncans or Dimarzios. If you want EMGs, you need to go active.

if you email ESP your serial number, they should be able to tell you when your guitar was made.

Caustic

Thank you.

Just wondering if you might be able to point out a set of passives that do sound good?

I play mostly old metal (early Metallica early Slayer) and I do not play leads because I suck at it, I really just want the most viscious sounding passive pick up I can find.

mbesp

pickups are prolly installed correctly.
it should say on there somewhere where it was made, otherwise doesn't the first letter of the serial number tell you?
and the specs are prolly the same.

Post to Thread