LTD B-50 bass w/ ESP DB4 problem

Updated
Jason_the_chef
Hi, had this B-50 for about a half year now, and all is well except for I started playing more and more pop slap and more up near the neck as aposed to right above the pickups. After a day of playing all day, i set it in the stand and came back the next day, and started playing and was about 5 seconds into it when I started to hear a crackling noise and the sound eventually faded. First thought it was maybe the battery but closer examination - if i pushed down hard on the top end of the DB4 it would kick in but as soon as i released it it would short out again, and the other pickups do work fine when you adjust the knobs. I keep my guitars in great condition, I don't leave them in the cold or drop them, they always are taken care of. Any thoughts as to why it may be shorting out kind of like that?
Pushead

It's an unfortunate consequence of buying the lowest model in any production scheme.

It's possible that you could just have to re-solder the wire to the pots, but with that description, it sounds like the wire has a short where it connects to the pickup itself. I'd recommend taking the control cover off, and look around to see if a wire has come disconnected. Plug the bass in, start playing it, and see if by moving wires around if you can replicate the problem.

Otherwise, you might have to pull the pickup, and look at the wire and see if it's nicked or possibly broken.

Post to Thread