Has anyone got a Xtone? any good?

Updated
Gwedo
Im looking into one of these, i want something different to give me a more varied sound. Ive never seen one of these in a shop and im tyring to get an idea on how they sound. I have an ESP custom explorer with EMGs and a Jackson COW with EMGs great for metal but thats about it. I wanted a Wes Borland Yamaha but there way to pricey, i just think thats a great inbetween guitar. Should i even bother looking at these, they look odd but i dont care as long as they sound and play nice! whats the difference between the PS1 and PS2 look the same to me :-/
johnny00

haven't tried those, but, i went through the phase where i wanted something different sounding and tried lots of stuff...my 3 best buys were a cheap $220 danelectro U2, a $300 dearmond M75T with single coils, and an expensive Gretsch tennessee rose with filtertrons...opened up a whole new world of tones and sounds, clean or dirty.

PACHÉS

I'm about to get one and I really need more info about it.

Jason B.

the xtone is sick!  Mine has alnico pro 2 pickups and they are amazing! bigsby tremolo is kinda weak though.  I have an ec 1000 with duncans and an M350NT with EMGs and my Xtone blows em both out.

PACHÉS

Awesome, thanks for the cheering man

Tennyson

I just got an Xtone PC-1V....absolutely love it.  It's got a great tone to it and appears to be able to handle a variety of styles.

Christopher H.

Pits been a while since I've looked into these but:

Higher end line:

PC-1 set neck single cutaway, usually bigsby, Seymore Duncan pickups, they also have or had a hard tail version...

PC-2 same as PC-1 w/ double cutaway

cheaper line:

PS-1 bolt on neck single cutaway, usually hard tail, usually ESP/LTD P/U's

PS-2 should be the same as a PS-1 only double cutaway

In in my experience pickups and amps have more to do with style (tone) than the guitars themselves, put 81/60 in almost anything and you can get the staple metal sound... Put DiMarzio PAF's or Seymore JB/59 set, or the newer EMG 57/66 and it will do more to adapting to other styles than simply getting a semi hollow would and changing amps will do even more, I'm no expert but I have heard depending it on the design of the build the F-hole in a semi hollow is mostly for looks as the timbre of the solid core in most designs is so dominant. Other designs the top can resonate more freely which can cause more feedback...

jt76

way to dig up a five year old thread  I don't suspect the OP is still looking for an anwser.

for those looking at these.

"

Christopher H. wrote 6 days ago

Pits been a while since I've looked into these but:

Higher end line:

PC-1 set neck single cutaway, usually bigsby, Seymore Duncan pickups, they also have or had a hard tail version...

PC-2 same as PC-1 w/ double cutaway

cheaper line:

PS-1 bolt on neck single cutaway, usually hard tail, usually ESP/LTD P/U's

PS-2 should be the same as a PS-1 only double cutaway"

- all that is correct  

the PC's are really nice, and one of the best sounding budget semi acoustics I have played.  

I have a PA that is also really nice

the PS - are ok,  not as good as the PC's,  craftsmanship is not on the same level and they really need better pickups but they play nicely.

xtone acousitcs feel quite nice to play but don't really sound that great acoustically,  should sound just fine plugged in, all in all not bad for the price range

and to be fair I am comparing the acoustic sound to my Lowden.  

if you are looking for an acoustic or a semi acoustic that has that ESP neck feel the xtones are really nice guitars 

davis j.

Hello, I am looking for a new trap the cat phone. I have an old one that is about to run out of la times crossword battery. I was wondering if anyone has any good ideas on what phone to get. Thanks!

nolan J.

If you like to think a little bit, octordle is a great choice. Join the word puzzle guess the letters in the game.

Ani b.

hi, join play game octordle is an excellent option if you want some light thinking. Join the game of guessing the letters in the word puzzle.

Post to Thread