ESP LTD EC-400vf Question

Updated
nub.
I purchased my ltd ec-400vf (its the 400 with the Duncan's) brand new in 2008. I can't do volume swells on the guitar so I assume that the stock pots are not 500k? So, if I put in the 500k pots would I be able to accomplish volume swells.
creativename11

why not just get a volume pedal thing?

nub.

why not just get a volume pedal thing?
From what I've heard replacing pots is simple as well as cheap, like around $15 and that would be on the expensive side.
I am just not sure what the stock pots are in my guitar.

And thanks! Pictures coming soon.

creativename11

oh and welcome. post pics

RZfreak

my friend's v-200 is like that.
idk what it is though.

c3lew

The pots are 500k. A lower value (i.e. 300k or 250k) would just make the picku sound darker. A higher value (i.e. 1M) would make the pickup brighter.

I found the stock pots are pretty bad. Just as you slowly taper toward zero there's a definite cut off point.

gorsch

I would just say buy better pots. I've noticed just by switching out the stock ones with the same value but a better "name" which is dumb cause they are all mostly the same, it's resolved that issue for my in the past. I just use the AllParts one's. You could try like "Gibson" pots but you'll pay more just cause the name. But it should fix it. Might not.

SC78

Hi. first post. I have the solution. I switched out the pots that were in a dean I have. I used FULL sized pots not MINI pots. It made all the difference in the world.

BroKV

Can't see shit

jsp

The value of the pot has nothing to do with whether you can do volume swells. Maybe you got a dud, the pots on mine were fine.

Post to Thread