help with new Guitar

Updated
chuffed-addick
OK I currently have an ESP LTD EX 350, in deep red with floyd trem on it... am thinking of selling it and getting a ESP LTD MH 100-QMNT the fixed bridge version. Mainly I like the EX but the balance thing is getting to me and use a dimarzio cliplock so don't want to punch a huge hole in the wood on the back. Is this a decent comparison?? I will probably change the pups at some point and could end up making a bit of money in the bargain at the same time! what you guys reckon??? Cheers, Chuffed
Justinschut

why go to a lower model ? If I were you Id sell it, save some money and get the H400 or something like that

Velt017

Don't buy an MH-100

Check the craigslist in your area for anyone trying to sell a 400 series LTD and offer them a trade of that guitar and maybe some cash ($50 should do the trick, but maybe they will take the trade)

Can't really be all that picky, but if you are set on a fixed bridge, this is probably the best way to get some bang for your buck... don't buy the cheapo guitars, it will just disappoint you.

Gazmonster

Hi Dude, Listen to these guys. You would be going for a lower model.
Sell the ex and then see what is about second hand, you will get a much better second hand guitar than the MH-100 :)

chuffed-addick

Cheers Guys,
Craigslist here in the UK seems to be a bit rubbish though! not sure why, and ebay over here doesn't yeild too many results on ESP's, people either don't buy them or hang on to them!

load more replies (1 of 1)
Gazmonster

You might be changing the pups, But the wood and hardware is also not as good.
you can put great pups in, but in the end it will still be a cheaper guitar with cheap hardware.

onemilelost

You might be changing the pups, But the wood and hardware is also not as good.
you can put great pups in, but in the end it will still be a cheaper guitar with cheap hardware.

Exactly. And I've seen people get cheap guitars and pump money into them to the point where they could have just bought a 1000 series(as an example). It's fun to do but you might as well get a better quality guitar to start, that already has most of the features you want.

That said... Everyone on this forum can offer their opinions, but the final choice is up to you in the end. If the 100 fits your needs and if you think it only needs new pickups to make it 'just right' for you, then get one.

load more replies (1 of 1)
Justinschut

You could look at Ebay USA for something used. Id look for an H400, MH400NT or maybe an H301 (I got one and its awesome, you could switch the HZ's out if you dont like em)

Post to Thread