Original pickups on a 2002 ec-1000-asb

Updated
elscorcho
I bought a used 2002 ec-1000-asb (W02....s/n)...after posting on the SD board I suspect that these pups are not Duncans due to the lack of SD markings (front OR back) and the red, white, blue, & black conductors. Did this model come w/ Duncans in '02? Or could they be in house pups? (looks like they were probably changed by previous owner) I'd love to hear from someone who has one of these. By the way I love the quality/playability of this ax ...I'M SOLD on esp/ltd. As a noob to guitars and this forum THANX IN ADVANCE!!
kgry

They came with the JB/59 combo. Maybe SD didn't mark their pickups in 2002?

ESP

SD pups come marked or unmarked. There were inconsistencies with both being used on this model.

kgry

SD pups come marked or unmarked. There were inconsistencies with both being used on this model.

I guess he found your info useless mod, lol.

load more replies (1 of 1)
elscorcho

I guess he found your info useless mod, lol.

@espguitars:
Hey I definitely didn't mean to imply that you of all people provided a "useless" reply......The wire colors led me to think they were swapped!

THANKS!

elscorcho

Based on the color codes and lack of a SD stamping on the back , it sounds like they're definitely not duncans......

THANKS GUYS!

onemilelost

The pic above shows green/red/black wires....not a blue one. I'm curious to see if the wire on his is more of a teal (which is often swapped for green), as opposed to a bright blue. Few companies use bright blue from what I have been finding.

Ben N.

I have an 02 I bought in 03, off the shelf "new" from Sam Ash in Tampa, FL.

I think I remember the paperwork saying it came with EMG 81 and 85 or 86

I had to have the toggle replaced and there repairman "hooked me up" by putting a stronger pot on the bridge p-up. Weird thing is, the neck p-up tone changed a little, too. 

I never really liked the mod and I've often wondered if the guy swapped out my neck p-up for something else. I'm pretty sure it did not have a 60 in the neck. 

If anyone could help clear this up for me, I'd appreciate it. Mainly, I'd like to know if they came with 81 and 85, or 81 and 86. It's a Korean model from 2002, if that helps. 

Anyway, thanks in advance. 

Post to Thread