EC 400 VF question

Updated
Jmpman
Hi, New to the forum here and have been lurking around and I have seen some really nice looking axes. Anyway, on to my question, I recently bought a new EC400VF and it still has the plastic protectant film over the pickups and it seems to muffle the sound somewhat and take some of the highs with it, so I'm not sure if it's the guitar or just the plastic that's doing it. I know some of you may say why don't you take it off dummy to find out? The reason I have not is that since it's new, I'm not sure if the store that I bought it from would give me a full refund since it would not be returned as it left the store and since I bought it online, there was no way for me to know to begin with. Anyone's 2 cents welcomed.
diadorastriker

what amp are you using
I don't think plastic would have a great effect on the magnetic field, but i could be wrong.

Jmpman

Marshall tube amps. All 100 watters

Meisterjager

Plastic film won't change your tone in the slightest. The magnetic field is already travelling through much thicker plastic.

I'd suggest re-EQing your amp, or, if you like the rest of the guitar enough, replace the pickups with some of your favourites.

What guitars do you already own?

Jmpman

Plastic film won't change your tone in the slightest. The magnetic field is already travelling through much thicker plastic.

I'd suggest re-EQing your amp, or, if you like the rest of the guitar enough, replace the pickups with some of your favourites.

What guitars do you already own?

I have:

1989 Gibson Les Paul Standard

2001 Gibson SG Jr. reissue

2007 Gibson SG Standard

2-Fender Mexican Strats

load more replies (1 of 1)
johnny00

maybe a dumb question, but is your tone knob all the way on?

Jmpman

maybe a dumb question, but is your tone knob all the way on?

Yes it is up all the way. After a day or so of playing, my ears are getting used to the tone especially after bumping the treble up on the amp and also it is a different axe so that also as to be taken into account.

jsp

The plastic has no effect on your tone whatsoever.

Pat_Collier

I have an EC-400, and I run through a Peavy Vyper 60 Watt Tube amp. I know what you are saying about the highs. For me I have to crank the mid, and the high a little bit less than the mid. Doing that, I personally think it helps to level it out.

Post to Thread